1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread ⌈⌋ my stOry ⌊⌉ PrithviRaj - Parvathy ◆ Roshini Dinakar ◆ Shaan ◆ Re-Release AugusT 9 ◆

Discussion in 'MTownHub' started by Amar, May 16, 2016.

1. King David

King David Twitter King

Liked:
    Rajuettam Directorumayi Thall Pidich ego Problems Kaaranam aan Neeti Kond Poye enn Kettu. Sheri aano

2. Sadasivan

Sadasivan Mr. Fraud

Liked:
    Aa saree poster angu ishtapettalle... :kiki:

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Forum Reelz mobile app

3. Idivettu Shamsu

Idivettu Shamsu BB Thread Owner Moderator

Liked:
    Gusthi,karrate,kalari,naadan thallu ithil ethu nadannathu enna kette :vedi2:

4. King David

King David Twitter King

Liked:
    Ath Kekkan Time Kittiyilla

5. Idivettu Shamsu

Liked:
    The Roshni Dinaker interview: ‘My Story’ is not a regular Malayalam film

After a brief halt, the shoot of My Story starring Prithviraj Sukumaran, resumes on October18. Fashion designer turned filmmaker Roshini Dinaker talks to Deepa Antony about her dream debut.
    Roshni Dinaker has been a busy costume designer in the Kannada, Tamil and Telugu film industries for 15 years. For the last 2 years she has kept herself busy with her dream debut directing Prithviraj and Parvathy for My Story in Malayalam. Over a steaming cup of tea in the 10th floor of her minimalist apartment with a compelling view of the entire city in Kochi, Roshni Dinaker talks about My Story, her dream debut, her passion for cinema and what keeps her going.

You come from a fashion background. What brings you to cinema?
    You are right! I’m a fashion graduate. After that I fetched a lucrative job in fashion at Bangalore. But I soon figured it was getting monotonous and I wasn’t cut-out for it. So, I quit! And then around mid-2002 cinema found me. It was like fate pulled me into movies.

How did that happen?
    Well, I was home, jobless, when a film crew who were shooting at a friend’s resort had some costume fiasco. So, they called me in to help. I helped out and went back home. But then I kept getting offers to work on movies in their costumes and there was no looking back. I’ve worked in Kannada, Tamil, Telugu films. Fashion is still something I pursue when I feel like de-stressing. (points at sketches on a whiteboard)

How did your love for cinema start?
    My father was my greatest inspiration in that. He was an absolute movie-buff. As a kid we used to live in Coorg and he would drive from Madikeri to Kannur for the weekend just to watch Malayalam movies. It used to be a treat! We would rent a place in Kannur , watch 2-3 movies, eat a lot of Malabar food and return. So, you know, I have no formal experience in film-making, but my experience is in watching good cinema.

So, how did you come about film-making?
    Abhijatha Umesh, a director friend from New York, suggested making a film. She is model co-ordinator Taara Umesh’s daughter. We were working on a television production at the moment that was supposed to go on floor in 4 languages. She had a story in mind and we would talk about it. But, unfortunately, we lost her 3 years back in May and I lost interest in the project. But somehow the story kept coming back to me. One night after putting my kids to sleep I stayed up to write it down. You won’t believe it, but by 4am I had the crux of the story. I never knew I could write, and here I was conceiving scenes! I decided to produce the movie and give it to another director friend. But then they wanted me to direct it myself.

So, that’s how My Story happened?
    (laughs) No..no..no! This is another film I want to do. But that will have to wait. This is a love story that transcends beyond bodies. It is about spirit science and philosophy. I wanted to make this film and eventually met Prithviraj. Our discussions lead into this new love story. We got Shankar Ramakrishnan to write it. Now, that is My Story.

Tell us about My Story.
    It’s a beautiful love story of Jay (Prithviraj) and Thara (Parvathy). You know in life’s journey we sometimes meet someone who touches our life deeply. Whether or not that person stays in your life , whether or not that person is a physical presence in your life, you are always reminded of them even if you want to forget them. It’s like meeting an old friend after 10-20 years and starting off where you left it. The time, age or nothing matters because you’ve been changed after being touched deeply. This story is about that feeling.
    You will see in the song that releases next month that My Story is nothing like a regular Malayalam film. We have 6 songs. It’s very Bollywood-y. It’s like a “hallmark” movie – candy to the eye and youthful! It will also make you want to fall in love. It’s almost entirely shot in picturesque Portugal and Spain.

Why did you choose Portugal and Spain to shoot?
    Well, because Portugal is heavily unexplored and beautiful! (laughs) You know, My Story is not only the first Malayalam film, but also the first Indian film to be shot in Portugal. It was also easy to shoot there because the people weren’t familiar with our actors. Infact you’ll see in one of the songs that we even managed to shoot at the busy Rossio Square near Lisbon. And it has come out so beautifully that the authorities want us to release in Portugal, Germany and even Brazil to increase the footfalls in their tourist areas. My cinematographer Dudley is to be thanked for that. Dudley did the camera for Dilwale, Chennai Express, Singham, etc. His shots have worked beautifully in My Story. I’m so happy with my technicians.

So, when can we expect the release of My Story?
    One of the songs is being released on the 9th of November. It’s a fun song. All the songs have come out well, thanks to Shaan (Rahman), my music director. We’ve had some date issues with Prithvi but thankfully that’s been sorted and we are resuming shoot by 18th of this month. So, hopefully I can release My Story in the first quarter of 2018.

Is it hard being a woman in cinema making films?
    You know what, today nobody is worried about gender. What matters is smartness, creativity, focus and dedication. The wall that needs to be broken is in the minds and has nothing to do with gender. Feminine energy is just as important as masculine energy. Also, every problem, whether you are a man or a woman, will teach you a new lesson.

So, what are your future plans in cinema?
    For now I’m absolutely focused on completing My Story and releasing it. But, I’m also dying to do an action film. Maybe my second movie could be an action movie about how man’s irresponsibility impacts everyone. I have two complete scripts with me that are ready to go. So, either one of them could be my next movie. I know I’m going to stay and make movies for atl east 10 more years. But right now my focus is on My Story and to get it released. I’m very confident about the way this movie has turned out. I want my viewers to emote with the film. I want them to feel the love because it’s a nice and cute emotion to have and cherish, especially with all the hate around.

6. Idivettu Shamsu

Liked:
    My Story: Parvathy, co-stars speak up for Prithviraj

Prithviraj has come in the line of fire after director Roshni Dinaker accused the actor of delaying her film My Story and causing a massive loss to her Rs 13-crore project. Dinaker's contention, according to the Times of India, is that after shooting the first schedule of My Story in 2016 in Portugal, she had been waiting for dates from Prithviraj, who was on "a signing spree, giving dates left, right and centre". The costume designer-turned-filmmaker approached the Kerala Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) in September to seek a resolution. After the KFCC intervened, the director was assured that Prithviraj would allot 14 days later this month to complete parts of My Story. Prithviraj, currently in the US, has not commented on the controversy so far. Sify.com reached out to some of the cast and crew of My Story who stand by the actor.

"These allegations are completely false and we can prove that. This is brutal," says the film's female lead, Parvathy. Parvathy clarifies that she is speaking up as an individual and not on behalf of any organisation she is part of. "Prithvi has maintained a dignified silence. But I believe bullying in any form is wrong. If I speak up against injustices to women, why shouldn't I speak up for a man who has been wronged?"

Writer Shankar Ramakrishnan, who wrote the screenplay for My Story, says: "A film is the culmination of many dreams. The unsaid understanding when you do a film is that you don't speak ill of the film or the cast or crew. It's an ethic we all follow." He says the film could not be completed on schedule due to a host of factors - from demonetisation to financial issues to lack of dates to actors' prior commitments. "It is absolutely wrong to pin the blame on one person."

Maniyanpilla Raju, who plays Parvathy's father in My Story, says things were not all hunky-dory during the shoot of the film in Lisbon last year. “I have seen Prithviraj right from his childhood and he is a ‘pakka’ gentleman when it comes to money. I had a feeling that there was a shortage of money during the first schedule of the shoot. Prithviraj has always been clear about his dates and kept everyone in the loop in advance." Parvathy, too, asserts that at no point did any of the stars say they couldn't shoot further. "We were constantly in touch with the My Story team. There were messages from them like ‘We will get back to you.’ But there was never a solid confirmation of dates. All of us have to be given a minimum notice before shooting starts."

"It is impossible to believe Prithvi refused dates. These are unfair allegations, and it is unfair of the Press to put out stories with attributes to "unnamed sources" - Who takes responsibility for these stories then," she asks.

Actor Nandalal Krishnamurthy (Nandu), who is part of the film, says he is extremely disappointed by the false news being peddled. "Reports say Prithivraj refused to join the second schedule of the shoot even though he was paid close to a crore and more. But did the media bother to find out if Prithvi was paid even a penny for his work in the first schedule?” What about the next shooting schedule?

Parvathy says she has received a formal letter from the film chamber, but "there has been no communication about dates from the My Story team so far". Maniyanpilla Raju says he hasn’t been intimated about the next schedule so far. “They have not yet told me about resuming the shoot. I will not be able to join the crew without an advance notice.”

Both Parvathy and Ramakrishnan agree that Prithviraj was always at hand to set things right when production issues cropped up during the shoot in Lisbon. Says Ramakrishnan, “Prithviraj is the most positive factor about this film. He is the one who came to me with Roshni Dinaker's vision and it was then that I started writing the film. I have known him for more than ten years. He has always been the one who takes the extra initiative to meet any shortfall in any department. Even though he's had all kinds of abuses hurled at him, he goes the extra mile. I have seen him contribute financially to projects when there is trouble."

Parvathy, who first acted with Prithviraj in Ennu Ninte Moideen describes him as a "generous" actor and co-worker. "During the shoot of the first schedule, there were challenges as there would be in any shoot. But we all worked together and stood up to the issues at hand. That is why I am painfully shocked now."

Actress Padmapriya, who has starred with Prithviraj in Tamil film Satham Podathey and Malayalam film Veeralipattu says the allegations against Prithviraj are “weird and out of place”. "No actor wants to hold his own film to ransom. I have worked with Prithvi. We have shot over many schedules and I know how committed he is. He's the kind of actor who would be willing to put his own money into a film if required. To accuse him of gender bias and unprofessionalism is ridiculous.”

The crisis here, says Ramakrishnan, was finding the right dates when the crew could come together for the second schedule. “Prithvi is integral to the totality of this film.” Says Nandu: “Before even 50 per cent of the shoot is over, the lead actor has been slandered. The chemistry on the sets has been destroyed. We all want the movie to get over and we will give it our best shot, but the atmosphere will not be the same any more. Everything will be robotic now."

Sify.com reached out to director Roshni Dinaker who said: “There is no controversy. There was a date clash and that has been resolved.”

7. Spunky

Spunky Spunkylicious ♫

Liked:

8. TWIST

TWIST Super Star

Liked:
    podo kilava........binocular vachu washer nokunnathu thante pani ale:kiki:

9. Gokul

Gokul Mega Star

Liked:
    Sadumamntym Twistntym nostalgies [​IMG]

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk