1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread ▬♦ Civil War ♦▬ Captain America 〓 3 〓 ► First $1 Billion Movie Of 2016

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Aattiprackel Jimmy, May 4, 2016.

1. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Aattiprackel Jimmy Aluva Bad Ass

Liked:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
    SIJU likes this.
  2. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    @Novocaine Kaanunnille.. Mothathil Nalla Rvws Aanallo.. :clap:

Novocaine likes this.
  4. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    Most of Captain America: Civil War breaks down into two storytelling modes. In one, heroes have quiet, sincere talks about their personal beliefs and intentions. They explore the principles they operate on, and sincerely try to communicate them to each other. In the other mode, they get pissed because communications have broken down, and they find creative, involved, and very immediate ways to beat the ever-living crap out of each other.

It's no surprise that one of these modes is much more fun than the other. And it's no surprise that both modes inform each other. Civil War's internal politics, and its symbolic ones, are deeply complicated. (We'll get into all that in a later piece, once more people have seen the film.) And its storytelling is similarly complicated, and not always successful. In terms of narrative ambition, and giving meaningful screen time to an ever-growing stable of onscreen characters, Civil War rivals Joss Whedon's MCU standout The Avengers. And in terms of sheer thrill, it surpasses Avengers — at least for fans who come prestocked with an emotional investment in these characters.
    Captain America: Civil War is openly, unapologetically for fans. More than any Marvel Cinematic Universe film before it, it trades on the history built up in previous films, the protagonists' relationships with each other, and the goodwill (or lack thereof) they've engendered in audiences. Viewers who come in not caring about them personally — about their agendas, their emotional well-being, or at the very least, who would win in a fight — may find the film endlessly frustrating. Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely spend a lot of time on scene-setting and obfuscation, and on callbacks and echoes. Like any ongoing comic title, this is a continuing story, and it's aimed squarely at people who are already completely on board.

Civil War has more baggage to unpack than Avengers, and less room for the MCU franchise's trademark humor. Still, by comparison with the heavy-handed hero-on-hero face-off in Batman v Superman, Civil War maintains a wry, light voice. Markus and McFeely also wrote the MCU's previous two Captain America films. They also scriptedThor: The Dark World, and co-created the spinoff TV series Agent Carter. And they're writing the two-part Avengers: Infinity War saga that's meant to cap Phase Three of the MCU film saga. At this point, they're intimately familiar with MCU banter, and the shifts from somber to sarcastic that keep the tone manageable. They're also intimately familiar with Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) and Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), and they assume viewers are as well. But that doesn't mean they charge directly into the action.

5. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    [​IMG]

6. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    [​IMG]

7. SIJU

SIJU Moderator Moderator

Liked:
    Indiayil Nale Evng Muthal Undennu Thonunnu

8. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    [​IMG]

Civil War is up to $224.3 million internationally:

9. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    :partying::partying:

10. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Liked:
    Captain America - Civil War review. Tiny Spoilers

Imagine Brazil vs Brazil in a World Cup Final and both teams bring Pele on as a sub at exactly the same time and yet its still a goalless draw and the penalty shoot out goes on forever! Aside from the fact that your watching Brazil and everyone's got mad skills, its a little frustrating without a clear winner. Given, the effects are obviously improving and the action is getting slicker with each Marvel film but when Spiderman is near total CGI, i feel like i'm part of an audience that has no sense of reality anymore, by that i mean true FX. Alot of shoulder height close ups to save time on having to showcase full costumes also. Those are the moments i like to see on the big screen. A child hood hero standing proud in all his glory, not some jerky little dude with ants in his pants slipping in and off screen every few seconds. And Captain America's suit is lame, seriously someone give the poor soul an upgrade already. I read a critics review that compared the action to one of my all time favorite films, HEAT, which got me excited. Hmm i guess that meant they were both filmed with a camera and some guys had guns??

The lowdown, some great action scenes, smooth CGI but too many really long boring sequences that i just did not care for. The plot is standard at most and there's one funny scene. I struggle to see what audience they are aiming for? And nothing i haven't seen a million times before. Luca liked it. Nhien Le asleep lol.

There wasn't a single moment to justify it being for 16 years and over. its absolutely fine for kids..