1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread ◾⚫♦ ZERO ♦⚫◾SRK - Anand L Rai - Released with Mixed Reports ♦⚫◾

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Anand Jay Kay, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Anand Jay Kay

Anand Jay Kay Més que un club

Liked:
    SRK will essay the role of a dwarf in in Anand L. Rai's next film, one that is touted as an "interesting love story".
    Anand L. Rai has not worked with any Bollywood biggies in past, but now when he has superstar Shah Rukh Khan on board for his next project, the filmmaker is thrilled and all geared up for it.

The 44-year-old director, who is riding high on the success of his two consecutive films — Raanjhanaa and Tanu Weds Manu: Returns, was all praise for SRK.

“He is a gutsy actor. He always takes challenges. It is a delight to have him in the film. We both have liking for each other. We want to work together and we are on that process.

“Shah Rukh is a very intelligent man. He makes you feel so important and responsible so it is fun to work with him. He was very happy to hear the story,” Rai told PTI.

The 50-year-old Dilwale star will be seen essaying the role of a dwarf in the interesting love story and the director is planning to serve a decent dose of songs in the film.

“It (story) sounds (like) it is just about dwarf but it is much more than that. It is a much taller film. It is a very entertaining and interesting love story. I will be fool if I have Shah Rukh Khan in my film and have no romance and songs,” he said.

The filmmaker is yet to finalise the lead actress for the movie.

Apart from direction, Rai is excited about his upcoming projects as a producer.

“We have Nil Battey Sannata with Swara Bhaskar, Happy Bhaag Jayegi starring Abhay Deol and Diana Penty and Manmarziyan with Ayushmann Khurrana and Bhumi Pednekar. All three are interesting films and I am excited about it. This is the kind of cinema I want to be involved with as a producer. I am enjoying the process,” he added.

2. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    booked

3. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    booked

4. Novocaine

Novocaine Moderator Moderator

Liked:
    Most Awaiting

[​IMG]

5. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    k-18-1458273357-28-1461842080.jpg
    We are all well aware that Shahrukh Khan has been roped in Anand L Rai's next film, in which he will be seen playing the character of a three-foot-one-inch dwarf. According to the latest reports, Kareena Kapoor Khan has been approached by the director to play the female lead role.

"Aanand L Rai has approached Kareena for the film and she has given a go ahead. However, she has to still sign on the dotted line," reveals a source close to the project.
    However, there is no confirmation from the actress' side. Reportedly, Anand L Rai is waiting for Kareena to sign the film before he makes an official announcement about the female lead cast.

We hope Kareena says 'Yes' to this project as it's been a long time since we have not seen Shahrukh and Kareena together on screenn. Their last movie together was Ra One, which released in 2011. On the other side, Kareena also, after Ki And Ka release, she has not signed any film yet.

Talking about Anand Rai's project with SRK, a few days ago he had revealed that this project is very special to him and also his biggest project til date.

"Film with Khan saab is my most ambitious project because he is the main casting of the film. I don't think there is anyone who can play the character better than him. I am fortunate I got Shah Rukh Khan for this film," Rai had told in an interview.

Rai is currently working on the script and hopes to start the film by the end of the year. "Right now the work is going on the story. I am totally in sync with Khaan saab, we are in touch. I am writing a story which we all should be proud of. We hope to start the film by the end of the year."

6. Novocaine

Liked:
    Few days ago, director Aanand L Rai revealed that his next film with Shah Rukh Khan is a love story of two incomplete people, in which the lead character will be seen as a little person.

However, in a recent interview to dna, Aanand L Rai revealed that his ambitious project will be a two-heroine film and the makers are currently in the pre-production and casting stage.

"The film will have two heroines," said Rai, without divulging details.

In the film, Shah Rukh Khan will be seen as a little man for the first time in his career and his team of VFX has already started working on the superstar's look. Like all other films directed by Aanand L Rai, this one too will be set in the heartland of India.

The yet-untitled film will go on floors in December 2016 and is eyeing a Christmas 2017 slot for its release. Official announcement about the two female leads of the film will be made by July this year.

7. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Kamal Hassan Inspired me to do Anand L Rai's film: Shah Rukh Khan

Ater Fan, Shah Rukh Khan signed the upcoming film of director Anand L Rai. Touted as a romantic entertainer, the untitled film will go on floors from December 2016.

Shah Rukh Khan will be playing a little person in the film.

The superstar has now revealed that Kamal Haasan inspired him to do the film. The Tamil superstar had essayed a little person's role in the 1989 blockbuster Apoorva Sagodharangal. The content of the film was so strong that it was later dubbed in Hindi as Appu Raja and in Telugu as Vichithra Sodarulu. Appu Raja was a massive hit in North India too, collecting more than Rs. 50 lakh at the Box Office.

In an interview with a leading daily, the Chak De India actor stated that Kamal Haasan is an extremely flexible actor and whatever comes to him, be it realistic or commercial cinema, he portrays it with 100 per cent dedication and conviction.

SRK also added that he had watched Kamal's film Appu Raja and it was his little person act that inspired SRK to sign the Anand L Rai film.

The makers are yet to finalise the leading actress for the film.

8. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Shah Rukh Khan - Aanand L Rai's film will go on floors in December

Aanand L Rai is all set for his next directorial venture starring Shahrukh Khan. The director has now revealed that the film will go on floors this December. The yet-untitled film will see Shah Rukh playing a dwarf and Rai says the project is an important project for both of them. According to a leading daily, “It is a very important film not only for me but for all of us… because it is one of its kind. It has a unique content. I have a reason to tell this story. I want to raise the bar for myself everytime I make a film,” Rai said in an interview.

"We start shooting the film in December. I will announce the actress in a months time." Rai is gearing up for the release of his production "Happy Bhag Jayegi", which stars Abhay Deol, Diana Penty, Ali Fazal and Jimmy Sheirgill.

9. Novocaine

Liked:
    It’s never about casting a superstar, Shah Rukh is apt for the role: Aanand L. Rai
    2 hours ago
    by Indicine Team
    14 Comments
    2 min read

Filmmaker Aanand L Rai has said he would never cast a superstar like Shah Rukh Khan if the actor is not apt for the character. The ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ director said it’s not stardom but demand of the role that dictates his casting decisions.

“I always cast an actor based on the demand of the character. Casting Shah Rukh Khan is the demand of the role exactly the way it applied on Dhanush to play Kundan in ‘Raanjhnaa’ or Kangana Ranaut to play Tanu. It was never about making a film with a superstar” Rai said.

When asked about Shah Rukh’s role in the film, Rai said the audience will have to wait for the film’s release. However, the acclaimed filmmaker promised a well-crafted story.

“All I can promise my audience is that it’s a well-crafted story and after watching the film they will understand why Shah Rukh was apt to play the role. As a director I always want my actor to discover something within, and I know it will happen to him as well.” he said.

Rai also spoke about some of his productions like ‘Happy Bhaag Jayegi’.

“Producing a film is a very emotional job for me. In my early days, I went through a struggle with my script to find a producer for my film.. It takes years after years to meet the right producer who agrees to make a film with newcomers. As a producer when I read a good script, I try to save some of their years of struggling”

10. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    2018 December release allae