1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Review Aadhi (2018) - @ NAND TALKS!

Discussion in 'MTownHub' started by Anand Jay Kay, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Anand Jay Kay

Anand Jay Kay Més que un club

Liked:
    [​IMG]

ARIESPLEX SL AUDI 1
    TRIVANDRUM

Mohanlal is the biggest action superstar that Indian cinema has ever produced. From his career changing movie ‘RajavinteMakan’ to ‘Dauthyam’ , ‘Moonam mura’,’Manthrikam’, ‘Spadikam’ , ‘Narasimham’ and his latest sensational hit ‘Pulimurugan’ , action was an integral force in rising the stardom of Mohanlal to new heights. His larger than life roles in late 1990s and early 2000s worked mainly because of his sheer easeness in pulling off action sequences. What strikes you first in Pranav Mohanlal’s debut as a leading actor is how his speed and agility in stunts reminds you of his father.

Directed by Jeethu Joseph who comes immediately after an average outing ‘Oozham’, Aadhi is an action thriller laced with family sentiments and heavy dose of Parkour action sequences. Aadhi revolves around how the life of Aditya Mohan, a young boy who aspires to become a musician in film industry lands up in trouble, when he accidently stumbles upon the murder of a business tycoons’ (Jagpathi babu) son.

With ‘Aadhi’, jeethu was finally able to break the ‘Drishyam jinx’ to an extent. Aadhi is his best work after phenomenal ‘Drishyam’ and ‘Memories’. Jeethu was able to pull off nice family sequences in the first half of the movie, and slowly raising the tempo of the movie towards the interval. He managed to keep the interest of audience to an extent despite few lags in the initial stages of second half and ends with an excellent climax. Jeethu also succeded as a film maker in pulling off a thriller with zero suspense factor, in which he failed after a point of time in ‘Oozham’ and ‘Lakshyam’.

Pranav Mohanlal cant ask for a better debut. There is a striking difference in his performance towards the second half of the movie. The way he emotes after a phone conversation shows glimpses of his talent. His screen presence and his voice modulation have soon improvements towards later half. I believe this man is here to stay, though its too early to judge the acting potential of an actor who is just one film old. Siddique is part of almost every movie which I have watched in recent years. Here also, he pulls off fine performances. Lena, Anushree nair, Sharafuddeen,Jagpati Babu delivers good performances. I felt Siju Wilson as the only miscast in the whole affair.

Cinematography, Editing and other technical departments were good. Though music was a bit let down, bgm was simply superb. Anil Johnson is perhaps the most underrated music director.

Action sequences is the best after Pulimurugan. I really admire the crew for pulling off such stunt sequences on par with Hollywood in Mtown with a mere fraction of a budget of an average Hollywood film.

There were also some surprise elements in the film including a cameo by a lead actor.

On the downside, there were some lags in the initial phase of second half. The characterisation of antagonist was much alike Oozham and a bit stereotype.

Keeping apart that , Aadhi is a must watch 2 hr 38 min fun ride, for its stylish parkour sequences which is unforeseen in Malayalam and the debut of Jr. Mohanlal.

RATING : 4/5

‘A PERFECT ACTION ENTERTAINER AND WHAT A START TO 2018'

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Laluchettan, Sadasivan, boby and 9 others like this.
  2. Mark Twain

Mark Twain Football is my Religion Moderator

Liked:
    Thanks bro.

3. manoroogi

manoroogi Fresh Face

Liked:
    siju wilson puckka aayirunnu ennaanallo kettathu....

4. THAMPURAN

THAMPURAN FR Thampran

Liked:
    Avan atra pora

5. Kashinathan

Kashinathan Star

Liked:
  6. Ivan Iyob

Ivan Iyob Fresh Face

Liked:
    Aditi molu engane?

7. Mayavi 369

Mayavi 369 Sachin My God Super Mod

Liked:
    Thx macha

8. Chilanka

Chilanka FR Kilukkampetti

Liked:
    Siju Wilson aara? Aa naadir character chytha payyan aano ?

E parachil Kettu avan aanenna nte oru guess..

Good review JK ...

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

9. Chilanka

Chilanka FR Kilukkampetti

Liked:
    Endhokkeyo kaaatti koooti... :kiki:

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

10. Idivettu Shamsu

Idivettu Shamsu BB Thread Owner Moderator

Liked:
    thnks da ,,,nice one