1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Review MARUBHUMIYILE ANA REVIEW

Discussion in 'MTownHub' started by Vascco, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Vascco

Vascco Debutant

Liked:
    Theatre:

Calicut coronation

Show:
    First day 9 pm show

House full

Plot:
    The movie focuses on the life of suku (Krishna sankar ...premam fame "Koya") his lover keerthi (Samskruthy shenoy) his friend balu varghese and the villain kamalan father of keerthi and the one who looted sukus family through a foul play.
    Suku meets a malayali sheikh characterised by biju menon and the movie is a fun ride on how suku manages to have a pay back on kamalan get back his love.

Review:

First of all hats off to Biju menon [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] for such a stunning opening in calicut.I rarely saw such heavy crowd for a non super star movie in coronation theatre one of the reason it being the worst releasing theatre in calicut apart from ganga. Heavy family support has always been a strong suit for Biju menon who recently switched to comedy from character roles or villain roles.
    Krishna sankar and balu disappoints until a mass entry by biju menon was made. One of the best mass entry i have seen ...along with tiger...goosebumps....it was superb and applauded by the crowd. The movie picked up ab exponential pace from the point biju aka seikh appeared on screen.It was laugh riot from thereon by biju - hareesh combo until interval tried to bring in a small twist.

Post interval the director tried to alter the gear by inducing certain twists and the movie looked a bit serious at some points. The song was good and had moments to snicker. The climax was decent and i must admit the director could not get the climax to the level it should have been. The movie length was a bit short and the climax looked as an abrupt ending. The lack of punch in the making of climax was evident. Biju menon ...such a sheer screen presence ...he is the only saving grace in the movie and not to forget hareesh who gave us enjoyable moments in the later half. The fight scene looked dull even though biju menon looked Mass enough. The director [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] should have made good use of biju menons comedy timing in the second half rather than finishing the movie in less than 2 hours.

The heroine was a big waste...even though the lady had only a few shots ..her looks and weird expressions spoiled enough which was evidently supported by a poor performance by Krishna sankar who in the second half was much better.

I rate the movie 3/5
    There are enough number of numbers that would give you enough laughter and seriously the main positive is that the movie has very very less sentimental scenes which itself gives it a good mood.

Go watch it.

Audience response: I smell a hit...around 5 cr grosser if all goes well.

2. Mark Twain

Mark Twain Football is my Religion Moderator

Liked:
    Thanks vasco...

3. Kashinathan

Kashinathan Star

Liked:
    Thnx vasco

4. Spunky

Spunky Spunkylicious ♫

Liked:

5. nryn