1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Review The Nun (2018) - @ NAND

Discussion in 'MTownHub' started by Anand Jay Kay, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Anand Jay Kay

Anand Jay Kay Més que un club

Liked:
    [​IMG]

ARIESPLEX SL AUDI 1
    HOUSEFUL

The Nun is perhaps one of the most awaited horror movie in recent times. In 2013, after the first conjuring itself, James wan had publicly stated his intention to develop it into a horror cinematic universe on par with Marvel Cinematic Universe. Though Halloween, Friday the 13th , A Nightmare on Elm Street have produced more than half a dozen sequels, none of them evolved into a cinematic universe like The Conjuring in which each character has its own story. James wan though didn’t direct these spinoffs, he was pretty much involved in the development of this inconsistent cinematic universe. Unlike Annabelle, The Nun is totally a fictious character. It is actually a rehash of many events- dark ages, crusades, Romanian duke (Vlad the impaler draculae type character), nun sucide (reminded me of infamous Tanacu exorcism which happened in same Romania andwas a media sensation in 2005 and even spawned the material for The Crucifixion in 2017) and other old school horror movies. However the impact created by demonic nun despite few screen space was more compelling than Annabelle. But what was supposed to be the darkest chapter in the conjuring universe (Literally, yes...as nearly 90 percent of the movie is picturised in night and gloomy corridors of Abbey of St. Carta) turned out to be silliest and funniest chapter!
    The Nun begins with the suicide of young nun in Abbey of St.Carta located in an isolated Transylvania. Vatican sents their best in the business (exorcism, by the way!) Father Burke (Demián Bichir) - Romes' definition of badass and young novice [Taissa farmiga-Coincidence or intentional? the real life sister of Vera Farmiga (Lorrain warren) from conjuring series] to enquire into that.
    Barring the first fifteen minutes (including a horrific shot of a hanging nun with ravens crawling upon) and action packed last 30 minutes, Nun is a totally misfired attempt. It had all the elements required for developing into a horror masterpiece. The gloomy, isolated setting of Romanian rural life, terrific original score, excellent cinematography (best in the series) and demonic nun character whose looks are enough (Sometimes I feel bonnie Aarons doesn’t need a makeup…she really gives me a chills, everytime I stumbles upon her in internet!). However a lack of well developed screen play, overreliance of jump scares (that too didn’t worked even a bit!) and romantic angle between novice and delivery boy Maurice (more blasphemous than Valak!) spoiled the party. Overall keeping apart the overwhelming gothic feel, the nun offers nothing new to the genre and ends up the weakest movie in the The Conjuring Universe. Strictly average! Not a penny more, not a penny less! And you can leave the theatre as credits began to roll- theres' no postcredit scene !

2.5/5

CAN YOU KILL A DEMON WITH A SHOT GUN? MAY BE. I DON’T KNOW. ASK FRENCHIE... I PREFER RUNNING. !

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Mayavi 369 and Joker like this.
  2. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Wait for DVD Thanks anand

Anand Jay Kay likes this.
  3. Mayavi 369

Mayavi 369 Sachin My God Super Mod

Liked:
    LoL

Tkt book cheytu nale kaananam