1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread ¥~ Gully BOY ~¥ Ranveer Singh ¶ Alia Bhatt ~ Zoya Akhtar Film ¶

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Novocaine, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Novocaine

Novocaine Moderator Moderator

Liked:
    Ranveer Singh confirms Zoya Akhtar film with Alia Bhatt

Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt will share screen-space for the very first time in Zoya Akhtar’s next film ‘Gully Boy’. The two have previously done television commercials for ‘Make My Trip’ and ‘Gully Boy’ would be their first film together.

At mid-night on Thursday, Ranveer posted a funny video, praised Alia as someone who everybody loves and was seen talking in South Indian accent. The actor also praised Alia’s performance last eyar in films like ‘Kapoor & Sons’, ‘Udta Punjab’ and ‘Dear Zindagi’ – all of which not only won her critical acclaim, but also did well at the box office.

Zoya Akhtar has previously directed films like ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ and ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’.

Check out the funny video from the madman of Bollywood.

2. Novocaine

Liked:
    Booked

3. Novocaine

Liked:
    Booked

4. Novocaine

Liked:
    Booked

5. BigBhai

BigBhai Super Star

Liked:
    :car:

Novocaine likes this.
  6. Novocaine

Liked:
    Ranveer Singh And Alia Bhatt’s Next Film ‘Gully Boy’ Is Bollywood’s Most Unique Story Yet
    [​IMG]
    By Aparajita Mishra -

February 8, 2017
    After a lot of speculations, it’s confirmed that Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt will star in Zoya Akhtar’s movie, Gully Boy.

Both the actors are at the top of their game, and it’d be explosive to see both of them share the screen space. (Didn’t they look rad in these Make my trip ads?)

[​IMG]
    Source
    [​IMG]
    Source
    And now, both of them the screen space in “Gully Boy”, a film based on Mumbai’s underground hip-hop scene.
    [​IMG]
    Source
    The movie will focus on Mumbai’s underground hip-hoppers, the ones who reside in Mumbai’s chawls and ghettos. Naved Sheikh’s (aka Naezy) life will be portrayed in the movie.
    [​IMG]
    Source
    Zoya Akhtar has been researching extensively about this film and deciding the final star cast has been hectic as well. Earlier, Saif Ali Khan’s daughter, Sara Ali Khan was going to mark debut with this movie opposite Ranveer Singh.
    [​IMG]
    Source
    Zoya Akhtar was astounded by finding such talents stemming from Mumbai streets. This thought led her to make a movie on their simple yet profound lives.

Yes, my next film is inspired by real-life street rappers. I watched these kids on the Net and they just blew my mind. I didn’t know that this kind of music was coming out of the lanes and by-lanes of Mumbai. People are so consumed with listening to just film music that nobody pays attention to some serious talent on the streets. That is how it all started,” said Zoya Akhtar, as reported by FirstPost.

The film will be produced by Farhan Akhtar.

We can’t contemplate the madness surrounding this movie, thanks to this stellar star cast.