1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread ¥~JUDWAA2~¥ Varun dhawan <> Jacqueline Fernandez<>Taapsee<>David Dhawan

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Joker, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Judwaa released in 1997. Twenty years later, the film will be remade, with Varun Dhawan reprising Salman Khan’s double role in the original. But the sequel would be incomplete without Salman or Karisma Kapoor’s presence, producer Sajid Nadiadwala had affirmed.

We recently met Karisma at an event and we asked her about the remake. She said, “I have heard that they are remaking Judwaa and it’s exciting. I love Varun as an actor and I am sure he will do a great job.”

Jacqueline Fernandez will be stepping into her shoes. Salman’s already locked in for a small cameo in the sequel. Will Lolo be part of Judwaa 2 as well? She reveals, “David did mention it to me. So let’s see. I would love to do it.”

Jackie’s role will be a cute, bubbly character like Lolo’s while Taapsee Pannu, who has been approached for the Rambha’s part, will be seen in the more mature, docile and vulnerable role.

Taapsee expressed her wish to star in the sequel of Judwaa, amid rumours that she is already part of the movie.She was quoted saying, “I will be happy if I do that. It’ll be something really different to do.”

We hear that Varun has come up with unique idea to kick off the film campaign.He will change his current Twitter account’s name to ‘Prem’, and start a new Twitter handle called ‘Raja’ (both are the names of the characters in his new film). He also plans to have the two characters interact on Twitter.

Varun Dhawan says, “Judwaa has two distinct characters, so I thought I should engage with people as two different people on social media. It helps me prepare for my characters as well, as both would use Twitter differently. In order to create the role, I need to live it, and I want to do that by interacting with my fans and other people.”

2. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Varun Dhawan who will soon be seen in 'Judwaa 2', has gotten his twin brother Raja's account verified on twitter.

The actor is very active on the social network and took it to another level. Varun had launched a second twitter handle last year which he will use to stay in touch with fans as Raja, twin brother in 'Judwaa 2'.

Varun, apart from handling his personal account, will also keep fans updated through the new handle, @varundhawan_02.

Varun took to his official handle and posted, "Raja got verified I'm in trouble".

Without any doubt, the double role comes with its own share of challenges and Varun seems to be accepting it with complete joy.

'Judwaa 2' produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and helmed by David Dhawan will see Jacqueline Fernandez and Taapsee Pannu as Varun Dhawan’s love interests.

Jacqueline will essay the role that Karisma Kapoor did in the original film, Taapsee’s character will be more mature and vulnerable like Rambha’s in the original. To be shot in Mumbai, London, and Thailand the film is slated for Sept 29, 2017, release.

3. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
  4. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
  5. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
  6. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    This week will be a very important week for Hindi cinema after the wreckage that has gone on since the release of Bahubali - The Conclusion 2 as Judwaa 2 hits the screens. Judwaa 2 is a genuine commercial film and is like the bread and butter film for the industry though in recent times these types are seen occasionally as Hollywood, European and now its being reported that even Iranian cinema is being copied. The industry has always been driven by these bread and butter films. There are event films but those are few and far between it is these bread and butter films which used to come up regularly and push numbers be it in comedy or action format.

There have been a few of these type of commercial films like Raees, Kaabil, Munna Micheal and Mubarakan but something has been missing in those while this one looks the normal potboiler of yore but packaging for the audience of today. The film looks a solid commercial film but you also have messages going around in industry that the film can do 200 crore nett which is just putting extra pressure on the film and its not really going to happen. The most important thing is that its a holiday period till Monday and this type of film should excite the public enough to take some sort of initial as if the audience is not going to come for this over the first weekend then there are huge problems down the road as far as initials are concerned. It will the last day of Navratri which will mean less collections in Gujarat which is very important market for this genre but it should make gains over the weekend content willing. Also there is the big Telugu film Spyder which released yesterday (Wednesday) and although opening overall was not upto the mark it was far better in Hyderabad rather than smaller cities and for Hindi films most of the business comes from Hyderbad.

Its going to be a crucial three months with Judwaa 2, Golmaal Returns, Padmavati and Tiger Zinda Hai and all these films have to really work and Judwaa 2 taking an initial would be a great start.

7. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Judwaa 2 has taken a good advance in most places across India. It is the fifth best of the year and only Bahubali - The Conclusion and the three Khan films stand above it. An advance is mainly reserved for the just a few stars and now Varun Dhawan has joined the list. The number may not seen high but even a 5 crore nett advance has not come this year barring the top five films listed below.

There are a couple of hours to go before the day ends and the total stands at close to 7.50 crore nett a which and there will not be much booking spost 9pm. It is the third highest advance ever outside Khans and holiday or festive releases. M.S Dhoni - The Untold Story and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani are top in this category. Only three days have been taken into account and not Monday whch is a holiday. The 7.50 crore nett total is for the Fri-Sun period. Despite advance being a little lower than Jab Harry Met Sejal it could challenge that film as that opened well but did not go through over the day, here the opening could be less mainly in multiplexes but if it goes through the day then a similar first day could come.

Below are the top five advances of this year. This is the apprx collections pre release (end of business Thursday).

1. Bahubali - The Conclusion - 31,50,00,00

2. Tubelight - 12,50,00,000

3. Raees- 12,00,00,000 (4 Days as Thursday Release)

4. Jab Harry Met Sejal - 8,25,00,000

5. Judwaa 2 - 7,50,00,000 (expected)

8. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
  9. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    It's only #Judwaa2[​IMG] the talk of the town. A complete Paisa vasool entertainer. @Varun_dvn the best performance. Go Watch it guys..u love it.

10. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Mind blowing performance @Varun_dvn in #Judwaa2[​IMG] . It's time to watch it again. What an incredible double act as #raja & #prem. Keep it up