1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread ¥~Stylish Star Allu Arjun ~ Star director Vikram Kumar~¥ untitled movie

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Joker, May 7, 2016.

1. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    #VikramKKumar: Just taking a break, main priority is Telugu. Next Flicks Planned with @alluarjun followed by @urstrulyMahesh.

2. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Vikram Kumar is the man of the moment. Listening him say that his films with Allu Arjun and Mahesh Babu are going to be totally new, even better than '24', one feels Akhil Akkineni was right in saying that he is indeed a genius. In this interview, Vikram talks about the response to his latest film, a prequel to the film, and more.

[​IMG]

The film has become a big hit. How are you feeling?

It wasn't a difficult story to sell. We knew that we were going to tell something exciting. Now that the kids have liked it, we are even more relieved. People are asking me as to how we could tell such a complicated story in such a simple way. We simplified the story. Suriya is very happy and relieved. He is in the US. He called me and spoke with me over the phone. He has got a good name as a producer.

Lot of people have talked about time. This film is my take. This is first such film where there is no parallel time line. I made a time machine out of a watch. Even this is a kind of simplification. After 'Manam', I wanted to explore sci-fi genre. My mother should love my movie. She doesn't watch Hollywood movies. So, it has to be a rooted story. Is my mother going to cry, laugh? If I can convince her, I would have covered 90 pc of the audience. Women and children have to like your movies. A sci-fi can be about aliens, space, etc. Time travel is one of the subjects. 'Back To The Future' has been my all-time favourite since childhood. Every cartoon that was there, was there in home. I had the biggest collection of them. I still watch cartoons.

You are talking of cartoons. So, what has been their teaching?

Kids have to go crazy when they are watching a movie. When I was a kid, what fascinated me the most was cinema. Just because I am grown up, I can't forget what I loved as a kid. Freezing of rain is something kids would love. (Smiles).

What kind of compliments are flowing from the industry?

Most of them are surprised that the audience have accepted this film. The message is that the audience are waiting for new stories to be told. Everyone is happy.

Some of them are juxtaposing your film with 'Inception'.

'Inception' is Nolan's take on time. '24' is my take on time. 'Inception' is highly cerebral. Mine is highly simplified. We have shown it in a mainstream way - good guy vs bad guy, a love story, etc.

What was the toughest film to execute?

I won't say tough. It was mostly fun to make the film. Me and my assistants got to learn a lot. The scene where the hero discovers the uses of the watch needed to be made in such a way that the audience won't have any unanswered questions. Had it been shown in an academic way, it would have been dry.

Despite positive talk, why has the film been trimmed?

I myself don't know. I am OK. I don't know why many felt the film was lengthy. Every story deserves a certain duration. All stories needn't be told in 140 minutes. Even the audience have never said that a film shouldn't exceed this much of time. Duration doesn't matter. There are 10-minute-long short films which are boring.

You are trying new genres every time.

It gets boring to write in same kind of templates. Your scenes, dialogues become repetitive. If you shift genres, it's more fun writing and making films. The audience comes to the theatre with a certain story in mind. He would love to be surprised by unpredictable elements.

Have you watched 'Aditya 369', a film based on a similar concept?

I haven't watched. I have told my assistants to get the CD. I am going to watch in the next two days or so.

Why does Athreya want the watch?

The prequel is going to come. I have started the story midway in '24'. I couldn't have told the back story because that would have made the film four hours long. When the prequel comes, the audience are going to be smarter now that they have watched '24'. I have to think beyond what the audience are thinking.

Did you want to cast one actor in all the three roles from the beginning?

Yes. It was written for three characters to be played by the same actor. But before giving the narration to Suriya sir, I only told him that he would be playing Athreya. The expression on his face changed. He was very excited. It could have been a very stressful film. But Suriya sir made it more fun. He had to sweat it out so much becase his make-up would take something like four hours (for Athreya's character).

Are Samantha and Nithya your lucky charms?

Yes. They both are among the best actors. Nithya is very difficult to please. She is not someone who likes to dance only.

Why does the eagle enter the scene and let things happen?

It's a divine intervention. I needed to show the intervention of God. It's very dangerous to play with time. When there is a person experimenting with time, God sends his 'vahana' (vehicle). There is a lot of story that's going to come in the prequel, drawing from all this.

What next?

My bread and butter is Telugu cinema. I am going to do a film with Allu Arjun. He has liked it. So, I am developing the story into a screenplay. Then I will do a film with Mahesh Babu sir. He has really loved the idea I discussed with him. There is going to be comedy, sentiment, romance, etc. But these two movies are going to be entirely novel in terms of the concept. In the case of '24', you have at least heard of the concept of time travel. But these two films are going to be new in every sense.

3. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Aattiprackel Jimmy Aluva Bad Ass

Liked:
    [​IMG]