1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread ∞♥∞⚔ Anaarkali ⚔∞♥∞ Its Hattrick 15 cr Grosser ★★PrithviRaj -Sachi's -Biju Menon ★★80 days

Discussion in 'MTownHub' started by Idivettu Shamsu, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Digambaran

Digambaran Fresh Face

Liked:
    Anaarkali

Massively massively massively disappointed. Two people whom I implicitly trust in their judgements let me down. Sachy the scripter and Prthviraj the choosy actor.

Firstly Sachy - what lazy writing is this? I am not asking for unbelievable twists or turns to keep things engaging but that isn't an excuse to rehash old bollywood plots like this. Not sure exactly what he wanted, an ode to love? A mystery thriller? It falls face first right in the middle of nowhere. A tiring meandering screeplay that plods on and on for 2.45 minutes, with instances screaming "cut this scene". Is this the guy who scripted one of the best scripts in the last decade - Run Babby run? I simply cannot believe this guy chose this screenplay to debut as director. None of the characters stay in your mind after the movie, and heck, we feel rather betrayed for having emotionally invested in a few potentially interesting ones because they simply do not evolve.

Secondly Prthvi - And heck, after just finishing Moideen, is this actually a script that Prthvi found "freshness" to essay a role? I mean this role could've been done by anyone. Despite hours devoted to painful detailing of the character's background, Shanthanu still remains largely alien, disinteresting, sometimes plain irritating. Ok I am not calling for him to do the usual heroic routine but that doesn't mean opting for cardboard roles.

positives are a grand documentary on the beauty of kavaratty island (although parts of it was SFX generated still give benefit of doubt). And Biju menon's single handed 'salvage' operation in the final few minutes that barely makes the movie watchable.

Verdict : chirakodinja kinavukal (including that famed 'aashupatri doctormar' climax) mixed with Lakshwadweep tourism promo.

Torture. 0.5/5.

NB - Kalipp theeranilla... when the soundtrack came out, the song 'vaaanam chaayum' literally made me go goosebumps. In the hours of repeated hearing to this track, I was imagining how this could be shot - it was such a golden track and a golden opportunity for Sachy - Sujith to do some real poonduvilayadal. Instead it gets the crappiest of treatments and is not even used fully.

I just cannot understand Kerala audience, that made this a superhit. Prthvide careerile shukran time aayond mathram aavum le? Had this been released in 2013 or before, it'd been a complete non starter. Thank god for small mercies!

2. Mayavi 369

Mayavi 369 Sachin My God Super Mod

Liked:
    ee scrpt kure munp complete aayathalle

3. Digambaran

Digambaran Fresh Face

Liked:
    Sathyam bhai!

Sarikkum underwhelming! 2015 thudangumbo, heck right whent the project was announced ettavum prateeksha ullath ithil aayirunnu. For me it was kind of sure-shot. Ettavum hope illathirunnath Moideenilum.

Sambo mahadeva, nammal oronnu karuthunnu, daivam nere opposite nalkunnu.

John B Nixon likes this.
  4. Digambaran

Digambaran Fresh Face

Liked:
    yes, kalanju poyi when someone robbed Sachy's car. Pineedu ithu mathram thirichu kitty enokke vayichirunnu.

Ippo manasilaayi, etheleum Prthvi hater aayirikkanam aa kallan.

5. Mayavi 369

Mayavi 369 Sachin My God Super Mod

Liked:
    :Lol:

Moidheen kodutha mileage thanne oru main reason hit aakan

6. Ravi Tharakan

Ravi Tharakan Anwar Super Mod

Liked:
    eniku anarkaly theater watchil ishtappettirunnu inspite of the cliche drama between heroine & dad..
    maybe the excellent visuals and breezy music helped to cover up those issues... @Digambaran @John B Nixon

Mark Twain and John B Nixon like this.
  7. John B Nixon

John B Nixon Star

Liked:
    Enne ettavum njettichahu 2012 nu sesham Prithviyile nadan ithra alasamaayi oru kathaapathrathe sameepichu kaanilla.. Pulli pulliyaayi thanne undaayirunnu padaththil.. Another London Bridge.. Kannu thattaathirikkan cheythapole..Ennittu athum hit aakki koduthu aalukal..Ithinte okke vijayam enne pedippeduthunnu..Iniyum ithupole oronnu undaavalle

Mark Twain likes this.
  8. Idivettu Shamsu

Idivettu Shamsu BB Thread Owner Moderator

Liked:
    orikalum alla :Hammer::appukuttan.jpg:

9. Mark Twain

Mark Twain Football is my Religion Moderator

Liked:
    Theatre watchil enik visual treat ayirunnu .. Kuzhapam onnum undayilla... But plot cliched thanne...

Kavarathiyil kadha paranajth kond mathram anu padam hit ayathum...

Apo james n alicene pedikkan oru karanam koode ayalle :p

10. John B Nixon

John B Nixon Star

Liked:
    Athe..Eee kollathe oola padam athaakumo? Enikku Anarkali yil ettavum deshyam vannathu Prithvi the actor ne aanu..Padam enthu sambhavam aayirunnalum ingane Prithvi prithviyaayi thanne abhinayikkendaayirunnu..Njan theatre il Paavada kandittu pinne kaanunna padam ithanu..Paavada padam enthokke aayalum Prithvi enna nadan enne njettichu kalanju..Anarkaliyilum njettichu pakshe valare alasamaayi oru karyavum sradhikkathe ahinayichittu aanennu maathram..Swapnakkoodu okke kandapole thonni abhianyam kandappol..Ithokke 100 divasam odaan prarthichirunnu njaan..25 divasam polum arhikkunnilla.. Picket 43 yile Hari, DByile Pancho, Ivideyile Varun Blake, ENM le Moideen, AAAyile Amar, Paavadayile Paambu Joy..adutha kalathu Malayalathil oru nadanum ithrayum vyathyasthamaaya abhinaya shaili namukku thannittilla..Athokke kandu pulliye njan angu mukalil ketti iruthiyathaayirunnu.... Pakshe ee chathi ennodu vendaayirunnu.. Nerittu kandal njan theri paranju pokum.. Kalippu theerunnilla..Njaan aaradhikkunnavar oru padi thazhe pokunnathu enikku sahikkilla..

Idivettu Shamsu and Mark Twain like this.