1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

║► KOLLYWOOD ◄║

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Mayavi 369, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    Irudhi Sutru starring Madhavan is gearing to release on the 29th January 2016. The film is a bilingual, and in Hindi it is titled Saala Khadoos. Directed by Sudha Kongara, the film is produced by Sashikanth of Y Not Studios and CV Kumar of Thirukumaran entertainment. The recently released poster of the film revealed a heavily beefed up Maddy in a ruggedness personified look.

We catch up with producer Sashikanth:

“Irudhi Sutru is a sports based film, an underdog film and easily the first choice for any producer to get involved. The idea of the movie was very interesting. Y Not Studios has a specific brand image that we don’t dabble in popular commercial kind of projects. We would like to push interesting content and something that has not been done before. Script is the strong force that pulled me into this.

Maddy was involved in the project even prior to me coming on board. He and director Sudha have known each other since her AD days with Mani Ratnam in projects like Aaydha Ezhuthu and Kannathil Muthamittal. They had decided to make this movie together and Maddy started prepping for this, which emphasizes the conviction he had on the script. The character needed transformation to get the look of the boxing coach. Maddy is brilliant and has completely dedicated himself to the film and his role. He has done a fabulous job.

We will be launching the trailer in a couple of days. Subsequently there are going to be audio teasers and songs from the film would be played out. Complete album would be out in January first week”.

2. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    The name SP Balasubrahmanyam occupies one of the top most positions in the film industry and the magical voice of this doyen continues to captivate listeners. Having recorded more than 40,000 songs in various languages and scaled great peaks in his profession, the veteran enters the 50th year of his singing career today, the 15th December. Sharing his feelings on this great feat, SPB as he is fondly called states,

“My Dear Mentors, salutations to you. I entered into my 50th year of my singing career today. Let me thank my parents who gave me this voice, Sri. Kodandapani who gave me the break in 1966 in the Telugu film Sri Sri Sri Maryaada Raamanna, and Sri. Padmanabham, the producer who accepted my voice. I am grateful to my producers, lyricists, musicians, recordists, co-singers, actors, all the other technicians, representatives of all media and my Dear Music lovers who are with me. I am nothing without you. Please forgive me if I hurt anybody's feelings in this journey. I am only sad at not being able to say Happy Birthday to Sri. Bapu, the divine Artiste and Director, (today is his birthday) who left us last year to the heavenly abode”.

3. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    The doyen among directors, Mani Ratnam was earlier said to be making a multi-starrer with Karthi, Dulquer Salmaan and Shruti Haasan in the lead roles.

But the latest development regarding this project is that the veteran director has apparently changed the script and that it will no longer be a multi-hero film.

Karthi will be the only hero and this film is expected to go on floors in the month of April 2016. The technical team is likely to comprise of AR Rahman for music and Ravi Varman for cinematography.

Mani Ratnam will be also be producing the Hindi remake of O Kadhal Kanmani which will be directed by Shaad Ali.

4. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    The Paparazzi managed to click photos ofChiyaan Vikram at a recent function and it was surprising to see the method actor in a totally new avatar. Busy growing hair and beard for his next look, here we get an excerpt about his next movie.

After 10 Endrathukulla, Vikram had signed for an untitled film with Anand Shankar which will be produced by Shibu Thameens. With the pre-production of the film happening at a rapid pace, Vikram has been simultaneously listening to a lot of scripts especially from the young crop of directors. Wanting to do a commercial film like Saamy, Vikram had briefed the directors about his interest towards doing a highly entertaining film.

After a lot of listening sessions, Vikram has finally decided to partner with Naan Sigappu Manithan fame Thiru. Known for his frequent associations with Vishal, this will be Thiru’s first film with another hero and the film will be produced by the makers of the Jiiva starrer Singam Puli.

It is also expected that Vikram will concentrate on both the Thiru and Anand Shankar films at the same time. Stay tuned to know more about both the films.

5. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]

After the superhit 'Naanum Rowdy Dhaan', actor Vijay Sethupathi has completed shooting for his next film 'Sethupathi' in which he plays cop for the first time in his career.

Directed by Arun Kumar of 'Pannaiyarum Padminiyum' fame, 'Sethupathi' is touted as a commercial action entertainer based in Madurai and its suburbs. Remya Nambessan has paired up with Vijay Sethupathi in this film after 'Pizza'

The shooting of the film produced by Shan has been completed as a single schedule in Madurai, post-production works have begun and Vijay Sethupathi is presently dubbing for the character he plays in the film.

According to the official announcement from the team. the audio release is scheduled to happens on while the film's release date will also be announced soon.

6. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]

Gautham Vasudev Menon has introduced Malayalam child artiste turned heroine Manjima Mohan as Simbu’s pair in ‘Achcham Enbadhu Madamaiyada’ which is nearing completion.

Manjima, meanwhile, has been signed on as heroine opposite Vikram Prabhu in a new film to be directed by S.R. Prabhakaran of ‘Sundarapandian’ and ‘Ithu Kathirvelan Kadhal’ fame. Yuvan Shankar Raja scores the music for this untitled project produced by Sathyajyothi films.

Spunky likes this.
  7. Red Power

Red Power Super Star

Liked:
    [​IMG]

Spunky likes this.
  8. Spunky

Spunky Spunkylicious ♫

Liked:

9. Spunky

Spunky Spunkylicious ♫

Liked:

10. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    After making an impressive Kollywood debut with Mani Ratnam’s OK Kanmani, Dulquer Salmaan’s Tamil fans were pretty pumped up to know what his next Tamil film would be? If you’re one among them, here we have some firsthand information that could please you.

A little birdie has hinted that Dulquer Salmaan might team up with Hansika for a film to be directed by the director duo Hari Shankar & Hareesh Narayan. Vision I Medias, the makers of Aranmanai will apparently be funding this venture.

We shall you keep you updated with the official confirmation and other details.