1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

▬○▬◙▬○ BOLLYWOOD ○▬◙▬○

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Joker, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Kandahassan

Kandahassan Fresh Face

Liked:
  2. Kandahassan

Kandahassan Fresh Face

Liked:
  3. Kandahassan

Kandahassan Fresh Face

Liked:
  4. Kandahassan

Kandahassan Fresh Face

Liked:
  5. Kandahassan

Kandahassan Fresh Face

Liked:
  6. ACME

ACME Mega Star

Liked:
    Dilwale did very well on day with collections of 21.50 crore nett. Although it does not compare well with some of the biggest openers but that is because of less screenings due to the clash and on top it was not even a holiday. The film did put up some big numbers in East India and South India. South India was best especially Nizam / Andhra and Tamil Nadu / Kerala

The core belts of Mumbai, Delhi /UP, East Punjab and Central India were at least 40-50% lower than they should have been due to limited screenings. It had big leads over Bajirao Mastani apart from Maharashtra where Mumbai city and Pune city saw both films put up similar collections.

The film does have scope for improvement as it lost some business due to disruptions in a few states and as long as there is no repeat it should have better collections in the areas. The areas where it has done very well will find it hard to improve. The disruptions which lead to shows being cancelled in many parts also affected business so those areas can make ground if everything is okay on Saturday

7. ACME

ACME Mega Star

Liked:
    Bajirao Mastaani was below thw mark on day one with 12.25 crore nett as it suffered due to the clash with Dilwale. The film only saw good collections in Maharashtra with the rest of the country not really performing. Mysore was also pretty good. Mumbai circuit was more than 40% of the all India collections.

The mass circuits were always going to find it hard. For North India, it was the regional Maharashtra flavor of the film and circuits like West Bengal and Nizam / Andhra where it could have collected well are Shahrukh Khan strong circuits. The film could have grossed 4-5 crore nett more if it was a solo release which would have been a good platform to build from.

The film should manage growth on Saturday as its better collections are at premium multiplexes which have best collections on Saturday. The film will need big support from other major regions outside Maharashtra over the weekend if it is to make any real headway. The film also had a dubbed version which very poor with around 30 lakhs nett

8. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]

There has been a lot of anticipation and intrigue around Vinod Chopra's Farhan Akhtar-Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'Wazir' from the time the trailer of the film was released. The film will showcase Farhan, who is known to have directed action movies in the past, do hard core action for the very first time on screen.

This fact has also intrigued his co-star of 'Rock On 2', Shraddha Kapoor. The young actress has always been a fan of Farhan Akhtar and was very happy when she signed 'Rock On 2' with him. Shraddha is now super excited to watch Farhan in his upcoming release. The two in fact even had a brief discussion on the film while they were shooting together in Shillong. The actress has also asked Farhan to let her know when she can watch the film.

Shared Shraddha, "When Farhan and I were shooting together in Shillong, we had a brief discussion on his film. I have seen the trailer and it looks really interesting. I've followed his work since his first film and have been a huge fan of his. I am really looking forward to watching the film. He always plays such different roles with such specificity and finesse that I always look forward to watching his films. "

'Rock On 2' will have the fresh pair of Shraddha - Farhan on screen. The film is slated to release on January 8th.

9. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Shocked!!

Well it is definitely worth earth shattering because while most believe that filmmaker Shanker’s ENDHIRAN 2 is Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar’s first South Indian film than let me make it clear that ENDHIRAN 2 is NOT the debut film of Akshay Kumar in South Indian cinema!

So you may wonder - Which is Akshay Kumar’s First South Indian film that he acted in? Any guesses??

[​IMG]

Well it was two decades back when Akshay Kumar made his debut in South Indian cinema opposite South Indian Super Star Dr. Vishnuvardhan in the Kannada film titled VISHNU VIJAYA (1993) that was a big blockbuster at the box-office.

In fact the film was made simultaneously in Hindi too as ASHAANT (1993). It was directed by Keshu Ramsay. However the Hindi version was a major debacle. Nevertheless Akshay Kumar had a great time working opposite Dr. Vishnuvardhan and learned a lot in his company.

When the legendary actor Dr. Vishnuvardhan expired in 2009 at the age 59, Akshay Kumar was deeply sad.

Paying tribute to the great star, whom his fans fondly called "Sahasa Simha" (a valour lion), Akshay Kumar candidly confessed, "I remember working opposite South Super Star Dr.Vishnuvardhan. We did a Hindi and a Kannada version of Ashaant. The Kannada version was a super hit. The Hindi version was a flop. During the making of the movie I realised Vishnuji’s potential as an actor. He was a much bigger star than I could ever be."

10. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Talented actress Kajol is still getting used to the accolades and praises after her recent movie with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Dilwale'. Sources say that, Kajol will be next seen in a film along with dashing husband Ajay Devgn. Seems like, the project was all most ready in 2014 but things did not really work out well so it had to stop before it could start.

According to media sources, Ajay Devgn has completed the shooting for 'Shivvay', so they planned project can once again be put to motion. Kajol in a recent interview confirmed the news saying that the film's script has been finalised and the title will be released soon.

WOW!! We are just waiting for that day to see both Kajol and Ajay back together. They have worked in movies together like 'U Me Aur Hum', 'Raju Chacha', 'Dil Kya Kare', 'Pyar To Hona Hi Tha' and many more.