1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

★★★Suriya Official Thread ★★★

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by JJK, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    We are just over 5 days away from the release of Suriya’s most happening flick 24 which is all set to storm the box office on the 6th of May.

Suriya who is seen busy promoting the film might go on a vacation ahead of 24’s release. He would apparently be flying to a foreign destination by next week along with his family. It will reportedly be a month long vacation.

With Suriya going on a vacation, Singam 3 (S3)’s shoot is likely to be put on hold for a month’s time. It is a routine practice that Suriya takes a months off from work every year to spend some quality time with his family. Happy holidays Suriya and Family!

2. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    Tamil star Suriya’s upcoming sci-fi drama 24 is less than a week away from its May 6th release. The buzz surrounding the film has been highly positive. Yesterday, Suriya was in Hyderabad and interacted with media and spoke at length about 24, his future films, charity activities and a lot more.

Speaking about his much discussed film with Trivikram, Suriya said that Trivikram has so far narrated three story ideas to him and that they are still holding discussions to zero in on one story to commence the film.

Speaking further, Suriya said that he wants to do a film primarily in Telugu and then take it to Tamil, if the story suits Tamil sensibilities.

3. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:

4. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    suriya-usa-holidaying-02-1462166169.jpg 02-1462168055-a2.jpg 02-1462168062-a1.jpg 02-1462167970-a12.jpg 02-1462168030-a5.jpg 02-1462167995-a9.jpg

5. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]

Jyothika has created history for Red Carpet by gaining more than 7 lakhs views…

She has always been like that, she is a better actor than me and also enjoyed huge success before me as soon as we completed ‘Poovellam Kettupaar’ her career graph jumped with films like ‘Kushi’, ‘Thenali’ etc. while it took eight years for me to taste success.

Sometimes do you feel threatened that Jo is a bigger force than you?

Why should I she is a part of my life and we so much together and I am happy that she is who she is…first I was a big fan of her and then we became friends and later fell in love and then the husband factor comes and the fan is always there and I am still her fan and I have a lot of respect for her and I am definitely not threatened and I am the wrong person for you to ask that.

You have spoken so much about your dad, tell us something about your mom…

My mom has been home 24/7 for so many years and that too, she came from a small village and during those days it must have been very tough for her being the wife of a leading hero and that too he used to do ten films a year and romance ten heroines (laughs). It was a big challenge to pull this off for my mom. Now that I am a dad, I can understand how it used to be for my mom right from schooling us and guiding us in life. When my mom and dad were newly married, she did not even know how to use the landline phone and used to just keep the receiver on the table after speaking without hanging up but since she studied home science she had a group of great friends who helped her out. Now I am proud and love it when my mom takes complete control over the household and dad never does anything without consulting her. Her memory is even sharper than my dad’s be it recalling events to correcting dad. She is the one who introduced us to the village life and we are so thankful to her for showing us our roots and never letting the feeling that we are an actor’s sons get into our heads.

How is the relationship between Jyothika and your mother?

They are the best of best friends, of course, during marriage, there was some friction which is usual for any inter caste marriage as well as my mom did have some apprehensions as to how Jo a Punjabi girl would settle into our family. Nowadays I am the one who feels guilty as I temporarily reside in Adyar I may miss calling my mom but Jo will never miss talking to my mom even a single day. Even recently Jo took my mom to a detox centre in Coimbatore and for ten days the two of them spent together which even I have not in recent times.

[​IMG]

What do you have to say about the politics of Nadigar Sangam?

Sivaji sir and MGR sir, at the peak of their careers headed the Sangam for ten years each and they did it for a reason. Lot of actors have a very short career spans and especially the drama actors without any other alternative will not know what to do next. 6000 families are involved in the Nadigar Sangam who all have families and children and are in old age and they need medical help, school fees etc. So we need to handle them with responsibility and not use them as vote banks . There is a plot in the heart of Chennai which should be put to better use, which will benefit all of the members. For some reasons we were not getting the right answers from the former office bearers and most of the members wanted a change for the better and that is what led to the elections and a new body to be elected.

Are you happy with they way things are now at the Nadigar Sangam?

Yes of course when the Nadigar Sangam building happens it will take care of the entire needs of the members. I am very happy to have been associated with the star cricket show we conducted and actually we expected only 10 percent from ticket sales and the rest from sponsors and telecast rights. It was not a war or a world cup but just a fun show by actors and we all gave our best and that too at 45degrees heat. Now there is a nice and very friendly atmosphere among all actors and that day was a very very eventful day and I will cherish the memory.

There are rumors that you don’t have a good relationship with Vikram but you still took part in ‘Spirit of Chennai’?

That is news to me I and Vikram have mutual respect for each other and I even sent flowers and called him up after watching ‘I’. I don’t know if I should say all this to prove a point, but the shoot of ‘Spirit of Chennai’ was so cool with Vikram directing and Vijay Milton cranking the camera and all other actors coming and doing their shots.

What is your view point on your colleagues as you have a good relationship with all actors?

Everybody is doing good from Sivakarthikeyan to Vijay Sethupathi , Dhanush, Vijay and Ajith all are doing great. I think only the deserving will be appreciated. It is not that just because there is a craze the films will do well,but ‘Vedalam’ ,‘Theri’ and Vijay Sethupathi movies are doing good and this shows that in spite of piracy people have to come to theaters they are supporting us and we are thankful.

What happened to the film that you and Jo are supposed to do together with Anjali Menon?

We have great respect for Anjali as a writer and we her films like ‘Bangalore Days’ and we loved it and we called her with an idea we had. We are just waiting for her to revert back to us with the completed script and we will immediately start.

There are rumors that one day you will join politics…

I am a responsible citizen, I vote and I understand what is happening around me but I am not into hardcore politics. My focus is on only one portfolio and that is education and I always think about how better our schools and colleges can be and especially the less fortunate students and how to set up their lives. Politics is a big big playground and I have not thought about entering it at all, even though a lot of actors in Tamil Nadu and South India have been successful at it. I have had offers from politicians, but I have said no.

Has Jo watched ‘24’?

No just like everybody else she has just seen the teaser and trailer and is eagerly waiting to watch,but one thing she has told me is that this is going to be a very important film in my career. She is one person who has been supporting this project from day one.

What is the budget of ‘24’?

I don’t know it could easily be somewhere around 65 Crores and after the promos and other expenses it would touch 70 Crores.

What is the status on ‘Singam 3’? It is about sixty percent done and another fifty days to go and we expect to complete the film by August end , eyeing an October release. The original ‘Singam’ was a Thoothukudi based film and it shifted to Chennai in the second half ,but we did not expect it have such a rage all over India when Ajay Devgan took it to Hindi and ‘Singam 2’ was also very well received by the people who liked Duraisingham and his dialogues. ‘Singam 3’ happened because of all those positive feedbacks.

You have two lovely leading ladies in ‘24’ who are you romancing more?

There are more romance scenes with Samantha in ‘24’, she has a lovely relationship with Vikram Kumar after doing ‘Manam’ with him and we also have done ‘Anjaan’ together. Samantha has a strong opinion about how she should look good and what she will do to achieve that and she creates a lot of positive energy in the sets with her energy and vibrancy. I have a lot of respect for Nithya Menen for her craft and the actress, she is as she can achieve subtle emotions with just a look and without dialogues. But I will say that I had great chemistry with Saranya madam who plays my mother as we have a lot of great scenes together.

How did you manage to the hero as well as the villain role in ‘24’?

I loved the script and I immediately thought that this should be said in a better way and we wanted to take it beyond the borders of regional cinema. My first call was to A.R.Rahman sir,and then Thiru and a lot of great talent have come together for the film.

Tell us about A.R. Rahman’s music.. He is such a very warm person and that too in spite of being one of the greatest music directors in the world ,Oscar winner, one of the 100 most influential people in the world and he is still rooted to the ground and that is what makes him so special.

Our audiences are exposed to International film and how has the CG work and special effects come out?

We have given it to the best company in India and Vikram Kumar too has put in a lot of effort. We in fact took the help of French director Julian who has done all the Thums Up ads with Salman Khan and Mahesh Babu with all the daredevil stunts. We also had the best steadicam operator in the world.

About Thiru…

Some people will work silently and let their work speak for them and Thiru is one such person and I have no words to describe what an amazing cameraman he is. He takes so much responsibility in bringing the best look for say Athreya. He is so involved that even when he is eating, he used to call the director and talk to him about the shots. Being 24/7 into the project shows his passion and involvement to the project. I am proud to work with Thiru who has done ‘Hey Ram’, ‘Kancheepuram’, ‘Alavandhaan’ etc.

Closing words… I hope my interview crosses the 7 lakh views achieved by Jyothika.

Quotes

“Even recently Jo took my mom to a detox centre in Coimbatore and for ten days the two of them spent together, which even I have not in recent times.”

“Most of the members of Nadigar Sangam wanted a change for the better and that is what led to the elections and a new body to be elected.”

“ The day the Star Cricket show happened was a very very eventful day and I will cherish the memory”

“I am a responsible citizen, I vote and I understand what is happening around me but I am not into hardcore politics”

"I am first and still a big fan of Jyothika"

6. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Suriya has sent a letter to the media houses thanking everyone’s support and welcome to his movie 24. Suriya along with his wife Jyothika and his two kids are currently out of country for a short vacation and had planned to be back in Chennai before Monday, 16th May to cast his vote. But Suriya's return travel plan has been delayed due to some unforeseen reasons, due to which the actor is currently in a state of grief.

Notably he was one among the forerunners of the ‘100 percent’ campaign organised by the Government urging people to cast their vote. After having asked people to vote, his current state wherein he himself is not able to cast his vote is the reason behind his worry and grief. Notably, other alternatives such as casting vote through post or mail has been analysed and ticked off as ‘lawfully not possible’ by him. The actor has asked the people of Tamil Nadu to forgive him and hopeful they will understand his circumstance.

7. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Suriya has sent a letter to the media houses thanking everyone’s support and welcome to his movie 24. Suriya along with his wife Jyothika and his two kids are currently out of country for a short vacation and had planned to be back in Chennai before Monday, 16th May to cast his vote. But Suriya's return travel plan has been delayed due to some unforeseen reasons, due to which the actor is currently in a state of grief.

Notably he was one among the forerunners of the ‘100 percent’ campaign organised by the Government urging people to cast their vote. After having asked people to vote, his current state wherein he himself is not able to cast his vote is the reason behind his worry and grief. Notably, other alternatives such as casting vote through post or mail has been analysed and ticked off as ‘lawfully not possible’ by him. The actor has asked the people of Tamil Nadu to forgive him and hopeful they will understand his circumstance.

8. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:

9. Ferno

Ferno Star

Liked:
  10. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    After a series of mediocre movies, Suriya finally delivered a huge hit with the movie 24. Currently holidaying abroad, reports are that he has chosen Kabali director Ranjit Pa for his next.

Pa Ranjith who earlier made Madras is now busy with superstar Rajini’s Kabali. Reports suggest that Suriya is quite curious to work with Ranjith and has apparently asked him to prepare a script.

An official announcement is yet to be made on this news.