1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

♣ Interview with Abi Varghese - Director of Monsoon Mangoes --Full Interview @ Page 7 ♣

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Gokul, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Mark Twain

Mark Twain Football is my Religion Moderator

Liked:
    Hai abichetan :)

മണ്‍സൂണ്‍ മാന്ഗോസ് നിങ്ങളുടെ സിനിമാ ജീവിതത്തിനു മികച്ച തുടക്കം ആകട്ടെ. എല്ലാ വിധ ആശംസകളും നേരുന്നു

1. ചിത്രത്തിന്റെ അണിയറ പ്രവർത്തകർ പലരും മലയാളികള്ക്ക് അപരിചിതരാണ്. മ്യൂസിക്‌ ചെയ്യുന്ന jakes bejoy , ക്യാമറ കൈകാര്യം ചെയ്യുന്ന Lukasz pruchnik ഇവരെ കുറിച്ച് ? ഇവരെ കാസ്റ്റ് ചെയ്തതിലുള്ള കാരണം

2. എന്തിനു മണ്‍സൂണ്‍ മാന്ഗോസ് കാണണം !! മലയാളി പ്രേക്ഷകരോടുള്ള ഉത്തരം എന്തായിരിക്കും ??

3. മലയാള സിനിമയിൽ നല്ല മാറ്റങ്ങൾ ഉണ്ടാകുന്നുണ്ടോ ??

താങ്കളുടെ കാഴ്ചപ്പാട് ??

2. Abi Varghese

Abi Varghese Debutant FR Celeb

Liked:
    Thank you so much
    Thank you so much for your questions. I will be be very frank and honest with my answers :)

1. Even though AK was very popular, I struggled a lot in trying to find a producer to do the film. One of the issue that I always ran into was that I was just a serial director and didn't know how to go beyond that. But Luckily, Fahadh really liked the script and I knew that with he wanted to play the role. That gave me much more confidence and convincing producers became a bit easier.

2. The biggest challenge in doing a film versus a TV series is that characters grow, mature and have a story arc. In a sitcom, I never had to worry about that. George, Gregory, Rincy, etc were character that had a very defined background, but never really needed to grow and have an arc. So every episode, you can reset and put them in different situations. The situations changes, the characters don't.

3. Abi Varghese

Liked:
    No Experiments. I am one person who doesn't do too much in terms of direction. I really took two months with fahadh and we went over the character in details during pre-production. However on set, Fahadh brought in so much more to the character. He knew exactly all the beats of the story, the emotional connection between the other characters. He has done an outstanding job. He is such a natural at it :)

4. Abi Varghese

Liked:
    I say keep working, and start making films (shorts) as soon as possible. You will do many bad works, but you learn the craft slowly. There are tons of opportunity out there. I think my biggest advantage was youtube. Our show was seen more on youtube than anywhere else on TV. The way I started was that I put aside some money, got a decent camera and started to shoot out of my parents house. I made a lot of bad short films :)

5. Sadasivan

Sadasivan Mr. Fraud

Liked:
    Hai Abhi..

Abi Nattil Evideyanu????
    Abi yude Balyam..Koumara prayathil okke cinemayodu athiyaya thalparyam undayirunno???
    Monsoon Mangoes Release Date ennathekanu???
    Puthiya projects enthelum planningil undo???

6. Abi Varghese

Liked:
    1. Yes we did put a lot of time in the art department. We spent about 3 months of pre-production work working on the color palette, locations, costume designs so that the whole film looks and feels unique. The story mostly dictated how the art design was going to look like. We had a lot of hesitations from everyone in the beginning and during the shoot. But once the trailer came out, people started to appreciate it. I hope it will have the same impact in theaters :)

2. I would say, expect a film that is simple, pure at heart, with natural dialogues and light comedy.

3. Fahadh does not like to over rehearse, which I find fascinating. There were many moments with Vijay Raaz and Fahadh that was shot as naturally as possible. Most of their sequences were never rehearsed.

7. philip pathanamthitta

philip pathanamthitta Fresh Face

Liked:
    Hai abhi
    E film tangalude life I'll oru breke avatte.
    QN 1. Tangalude life ayi film nu bandam undo
    QN 2 .youth anno family anno padatinte main target

8. Abi Varghese

Liked:
    1. Our AK movie was not released because we couldn't find distribution.

2. I think I answered this question on an earlier thread :)

3. Fahadh was so apt for this role. I think he is one hell of an actor. Its so much fun to watch him transform into his character.

4. Nazriya actually came up with the title. It was such a relevant part of the film, she asked my one day, why don't you use "Monsoon Mangoes." I thought about it for a moment and it felt right. When you see the film, you will see the significance.

5. My favorite is Lalettan :) Because of the depth in character he can do.

9. Sadasivan

Sadasivan Mr. Fraud

Liked:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

10. Abi Varghese

Liked:
    I honestly feel that there is BIG scope in TV. I would love to do more TV series. I have just completed one called Brown Nation (English) for Balaji. We will be airing it in 2016. But I would love to do more of those.

Most of the time I speak to Channel, they want 100 episodes. I think then it becomes less creative. The main reason why I stopped AK at episode 50 is because I didn't want the quality to go down ever. Quality over quantity.

I hope that there will be a channel that are willing to hear us and will be open to ideas regarding mini series.