1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

♥ღ♥ღ Samantha Ruth Prabhu ♥ღ ♥ღ Official Thread!- Four 100cr+ Movies WW & Ten 1 M$+ Movies In US

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by SIJU, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Johnson Master

Johnson Master Neutron Star

Liked:
    Ellaa padathilum ee plastic mora aanallo...!Ithine onnu vedi vechu kollaan aarum ille..?:shutup:

2. SIJU

SIJU Moderator Moderator

Liked:
  3. SIJU

SIJU Moderator Moderator

Liked:
  4. SIJU

SIJU Moderator Moderator

Liked:
    #24TheMovie is the 2nd Tamil million dollar film for Samantha after #Theri. This is 8th million dollar film including Telugu in USA!

[​IMG]

5. RYAN PHILIP

RYAN PHILIP Super Star

Liked:
    Yesterday its horde of glamour at "Brahmotsavam" audio launch where three spicy starlets have made their presence felt. They are none other than Samantha, Kajal Agarwal and Praneetha. Among these hotties, who looked the best, both fashionable and hot?

In a opinion poll conducted online by many people it is found that nearly 50% of the people like Samantha's black and white saree look. And 35% of the rest like the ghagra look of Praneetha, where she has given a plenty treat of her sexy curves. And then the last 15% voted for Kajal Agarwal, and by this voting it could be read that her aunty looks haven't clicked.

So, Samantha is the queen bee in terms of looks. Dot.

KHILADI likes this.
  6. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    | @Samanthaprabhu2 Revealed her interest in doing Kannada Thriller #UTurn Tamil/Telugu Remake with @actorinme.

KHILADI likes this.
  7. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Samantha's busy schedule has been demanding. Exhausted to the core, the pretty actress is promoting her latest release, Suriya's '24', with enthusiasm. In this exclusive interview to IndiaGlitz, Samantha talks about why she juxtaposes '24' with 'Eega', working with Vikram Kumar, why Mahesh Babu's daughter Sitara will be a superstar, why she won't do item songs or female-centric films, and more.

[​IMG]

What kind of feedback are you getting for '24'?

When I heard the narration, I got the same high as when I heard the script of 'Eega'. In both the cases, only the director would know the outcome. I was excited about how the script would be executed. I am extremely happy about the result. 'Theri'/'Police' and now '24' both are hits. There are two more releases - 'Brahmotsavam' and 'A Aa'.

You are an admirer of Suriya. So, how did it feel working with him?

I had done 'Anjaan' with him earlier. But it didn't perform well. So, '24' became very important. The result mattered. I think Suriya sir has given his career best performance. Moreover, he has produced the film. It's an honour that I'm a part of this film.

Considering that your acting has come out very well, what role did the director play?

Vikram Kumar sir is a genius. The way he connected the dots is amazing. I think he is on his way to becoming one of the best directors in the country. The rom-com part is in a lighter vein in this otherwise intense film.

A section of the audience are feeling that the rom-com track is a bit overstretched. What's your take?

Since the film is intense, I think the track was necessary to be of that length. Suriya is a very romantic hero and so, that's even more welcome. However, the film has been trimmed. I watched it last night and I must say that it's all the more crisp now.

You are a Suriya fan. Interestingly, it's you who are wooed by him.

(Laughs). I think it was just the role. I am an admirer of him as a person. He is a great gentleman. It was very fun being on the sets. Everybody was so warm and kind.

Is there any specific moment that you savour?

The Poland schedule was very great. I got to know the whole team. It felt like family.

Working constantly for months on end must have been very taxing. Isn't it?

For about 8 months, I have worked for 12 hours a day without resting for even one day. Suddenly, when I was alone in car one day, I cried. Incidentally, in all the Summer releases - 'A Aa', 'Theri', '24' and 'Brahmotsavam' , I am playing important characters. Thus, the stress. I am not the kind who says that I am not bothered about the result. I very much care for it and I can't sleep two days before my film's release. You are a superstar. How do you see the competition?

Right now, I have a goal. I don't see what others are doing. I just want to better myself.

You are being referred to as a senior actress..

(Smiles). When people call me one, I would like to tell that I am still doing films. I haven't retired as yet. Generally, upcoming actresses look up to Savitri garu or Soundarya garu as their favourites. I am not old. I am going to look younger in 'Janata Garage'.

A-listers like Tamannah are doing item songs. Are you open for them?

I don't dance much in my own songs. (Laughs). I am seen walking sometimes in the songs. So, I don't see myself doing an item number unless it's a conceptual song.

Are you suggesting that one has to be a great dancer to do item songs?

Yes, definitely. Tamannah is an extremely beautiful and graceful dancer.

Working with which hero has given you a high?

Working with the same hero gives me a high. I think more than awards, working with same directors and heroes is important.

In case of Mahesh Babu, for example, it has happened.

Yes, I really feel great about that. I am sure it's going to be a hit once again. The families are going to like the movie.

The likes of Anushka and Trisha are doing female-centric films. Are you looking at such a genre?

I only believe in conceptual films. Content is the king. It's not about hero- or heroine-centric films. I don't think I want to do heroine-oriented films.

You have said you broke down when you were too tired. In such times, what keeps you motivated?

Good films, good roles, trying to constantly outdo myself, look better, act better. I am a fighter. That's the only thing I do. As long as I have something to fight for, no matter how exhausted I am, I will keep fighting. Right now, I have a lot to fight for. (Smiles).

Where did you imbibe such qualities from?

This has been my core since my childhood. Whether it is at the gym, at work, or anywhere, I have been a fighter. Growing up, I would do multiple things. I don't believe in giving up.

You have been roped in for both mass and class films. What do you think ticks for you?

(Smiles). I think you should put that question to my directors. I am fortunate to have got to work in great films. 'Theri', even though a mass entertainer, had a good role for me. I got to work, that too, opposite Vijay. It's not easy to bag such opportunities. I had done 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' previously. But it's only after 'Theri' that people got to know me better, they now know what I am capable of. It's important for a heroine to do a good mix of mass and class movies.

To what extent are you ready to take risks?

When I was doing 'Eega', I gave up a few mass masala films. I was excited about that film because I had no clue as to how it would turn out. It was a risk worth taking. Same thing with '24', irrespective of the result. I am extremely happy that both risks have paid off.

You have said you get emotionally drained. Did you ever cry due to a failure?

My failures have deeply affected me. My critics have deeply inspired me. If people say 'This is Samantha's career best', it means I am improving. I haven't lost the fighter in me. My critics push me to work better. I don't surround myself with people who say that I am the best. That motivates me positively.

Since you don't plan things, are you a believer in destiny?

I am a firm believer in destiny. For example, I couldn't have planned a summer like this. Destiny has brought it together. It has gifted me all this. I am God's favourite child. My career is nothing short of a fantasy. My six years have been full of highs and some lows.

How do you want to be remembered as?

I don't want to be seen just as an actress who delivered hits. I want people to know who I am, not just Samantha the actress. I will know when I am done.

Since you want to be known for being more than an actress, are you planning to take up issues like rape?

There are many atrocities happening. But there are also many good things happening. We need to highlight them so that people won't lose their hope. We need to keep our hopes going. I want to work in my own way, making people around me stronger.

Are you ready to wear the producer's hat?

I am not ready to wear the producer's hat. I am ready to be more participative, but definitely not become a producer. There is no truth in the news that I am producing the Telugu-Tamil version of the Kannada hit 'U-Turn'.

Why do you want to play a comedic role, of all kinds of roles?

My friends tell me that I have a slight comic side to me. I have always gone romantic or intense, but have never played a lighter one. In 'A Aa', I had the opportunity to bring out the quirky side of me. Apart from comedy, I want to act in thrillers.

Has Trivikram brought out that quirky side in you?

(Smiles). I think so. I kind of mimicked him wherever I could. He has a great body language, he has a great sense of humour. The trailer has been received well. I am hoping that the film too will be received in the same way.

Do you think writers are not penning versatile roles for you?

There are less number of writers in the industry who write versatile roles for heroines. I think I am working with a few of them, again and again.

Is there something in your personality that endears you to kids like Sitara?

I love kids. I think they also see a kid in me. That's why they warm up to me. Both Sitara and Abhay are beautiful kids. They are too adorable. I also think that I am 29 now and may be soon... (Laughs).

You have predicted that Sitara will be a superstar..

Mahesh Babu garu might kill me, but I would say that Sitara is going to be a superstar. She dances well, she gets the expressions right. More than Gautham, it's Sitara who will be big superstar

How about Abhay?

He is very pleasing and a warm person. I think he is going to be an actor. He is always smiling. He is a carbon copy of NTR.

What are your upcoming projects?

I haven't signed anything. I am taking it slow because after this Summer, I want to relax.

8. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    [​IMG]
    Star actress Samantha is on cloud nine after the success of her latest films Theri and 24. The star actress reveals that she wants to take it easy and do films which are quite different and character oriented.

Reports suggest that she will be doing an author back role in the remake of a Kannada film U-Turn. Touted to be a racy thriller, Samantha will be seen as an investigative journalist in this film which will be directed by Pawan Kumar. An official confirmation will be made soon.

9. RYAN PHILIP

RYAN PHILIP Super Star

Liked:
    ee functionil sam polichadukki .. katta look :cheerlady::cheerlady::cheerlady:

10. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Aattiprackel Jimmy Aluva Bad Ass

Liked:
    huff Kidu Look