1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

FIGHT CLUB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by David Billa, Dec 4, 2015.

1. David Billa

David Billa The NoTorious

Liked:
    nintchdbpict000332732291.jpg You can share your fav Fighting or Wresting News/pics/videos :boxing: :badpc1::announce1:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. David Billa

Liked:
    Booked...

3. David Billa

Liked:
    Booked...

4. David Billa

Liked:
    Dana White: Ronda Rousey admitted she was 'exhausted' going into Holly Holm fight

Screenshot_2015-12-04-23-59-21_1449253795112.jpg

By Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi on Dec 4, 2015, 9:00a
    Ronda Rousey hasn't really spoken publicly since her loss to Holly Holm, outside of a statement posted to Instagram. However, she has spoken to UFC president Dana White regularly since UFC 193 on Nov. 14.
    White told "Off The Record" with Michael Landsberg on Thursday that he and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta sat down with Rousey earlier this week in Las Vegas. And what Rousey said shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.
    "I've talked to her almost everyday after the fight and when she sat down with me and Lorenzo a few days ago, she said, 'I was exhausted going into that fight. I was exhausted mentally, physically, emotional,'" White said. "She had a lot of personal things going on, too, with her family."
    Holm knocked Rousey out in the second round with a head kick to become the new UFC women's bantamweight champion. Coming in, Holm was a massive underdog.
    Rousey is the most well-known MMA fighter on the planet. She had a ton on her plate leading up to UFC 193, including the responsibility to draw a UFC record crowd of more than 55,000 to Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia for the fight with Holm.
    Rousey did a record amount of media in the lead up to the fight and never really had a break after knocking out Bethe Correia at UFC 190 in August. On top of that, Rousey has obligations in the film industry and with commercials and photo shoots. During her training camp, her mother slammed her coach, Edmond Tarverdyan in multiple interviews. And Bloody Elbow reported Tarverdyan's odd financial situation -- he has recently filed for bankruptcy, claimed no income and said he did not recall the last time he did his taxes -- just days before the bout. Also, Rousey's romantic relationship with fellow UFC fighter Travis Browne came to light during her fight preparation.
    White agreed with Landsberg that Rousey's odd weigh-in outburst at Holm could have been a clue that she was overstressed heading into the fight. Rousey almost got into a skirmish with Holm during the staredown and then called Holm fake in an interview with Joe Rogan .
    "It was uncharacteristic of her," White said. "She doesn't act like that ever. Even against a girl like Bethe, who said a lot of bad things and she really didn't like Bethe Correia."
    Even though he thought it was strange, White said he was still stunned when Rousey got knocked out. Because of his close friendship with her, White said it was hard to see Rousey in that state.
    "Me and 57,240 people in the arena were obviously shocked," White said. "I'm never shocked at somebody losing, but it's the way that she lost that's so shocking. Obviously, everybody is saying, 'He's devastated.' He's this, he's that. Listen, I always call myself the bells and whistles guy. We put on all the bells and whistles, we promote the show. They step in the Octagon and whatever happens is determined by them.
    "But in the history of the UFC, there's been two people -- Chuck Liddell that I was very close to and Ronda Rousey I'm very close to. She's one of my very good friends, so to see her lose that way, yeah it was tough."

5. David Billa

Liked:
  6. David Billa

Liked:
  7. Red Power

Red Power Super Star

Liked:
    Ithentha sadanam

8. David Billa

Liked:
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship ( UFC ) is the largest mixed martial arts promotion company in the world featuring most of the top-ranked fighters in the sport.

9. David Billa

Liked:
    New UFC 194 poster...!! Screenshot_2015-12-05-02-40-33_1449263477075.jpg

10. David Billa

Liked:
    The Notorious !! Conor McGregor !!!
    The wait is over Aldo.. :cool: Screenshot_2015-12-05-02-32-03_1449263030855.jpg