1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread KEE-STARRING JIIVA, NIKKI GALRANI- TEASER ON PG 2- FRom AuGusT 31

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Anand Jay Kay, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Anand Jay Kay

Anand Jay Kay Més que un club

Liked:
    booked

2. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
  3. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    Mersal isn’t the only Tamil movie to poke fun at the Goods and Service Tax. On October 21, actor and radio jockey Balaji tweeted a scene from Kee, which complains about the impact of the widely reviled taxation system on restaurant bills.

In the clip from the upcoming movie, which has been directed by Kalees, Balaji’s character narrates a story about two friends going to eat dinner at a restaurant. “It’ll actually be just you and me dining at a restaurant. But the bill will be so huge that it will look like two more people joined us for dinner. You know who those extra people are? They are GST. They make one’s stomach burn,” he says.The video was released two days after the president of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Tamil Nadu wing demanded the removal of a scene from Mersal, in which lead actor Vijay criticises GST and the government’s inability to provide reliable healthcare. Soundararajan claimed that Mersal was an insult to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Centre’s policies, forcing the producers to declare that they would consider removing the sequence. The scene has, however, not been excised from the October 18 release.
    The timing of the promo from Kee is no coincidence, Balaji told Scroll.in. “As a film, Kee has nothing to do with GST as such; it is actually a film that talks about the scary bits of the internet,” said Balaji, who is a popular radio jockey and a television host in Chennai. “This scene in which I speak about GST is one that we dubbed much before the Mersal controversy. But we wanted to release the scene as a promo now because we wanted to send a message. If you think you can stop one film from talking about issues, there will be many others that will speak up. You can’t stop people from speaking their minds or expressing themselves. We wanted to make a statement that we are not scared and we are not going to stop expressing ourselves.”

What if the BJP raises similar objections to Kee? “If anyone asks us to remove the scene, again it will not be justified at all,” Balaji said. “Take Mersal, for example. The censor board itself did not raise any objections to the scene. Now, after the release of the film, nobody has any right to object to anything. In Kee, the scene we just released isn’t mind-bogglingly brilliant or anything. It is just that we had already shot and dubbed the scene and we thought we should use it to send a message. How many films will you stop, we want to ask.”

An environment of fear has set in throughout the country, especially across the media, Balaji observed, and it was time to address the stifling of opposing points of view. “This level of censorship or monitoring content is not acceptable,” Balaji said. “If there is an issue, people are bound to talk about the pros and cons of it. The same applies to content in a film. Yes, cinema is a very powerful medium. You can’t say certain issues cannot be referred to or brought up in a film.”

4. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
  5. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
  6. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    This was the man who made veteran actor Radha Ravi rap. He also made two known music directors sing for him in one song – all this in his third album. Jil Jung Juk music director Vishal Chandrasekhar is back with Kee, the first look of which was released recently by actor Simbu. “The songs are synonymous with the theme and flow of the movie. They are tech-based and in line with the film’s narrative,” Vishal explained.
    Kee will have four proper songs and a party song, revealed Vishal. “We have a melody that is sort of a throwback to Yuvan Shankar Raja’s songs from the early 2000s,” he said.
    “As Jiiva plays a student, we have a fun college number. We also have a song on friendship and a track that has an energy similar to 12B’s party rhythm,” Vishal explained.
    The composer has picked some interesting voices to sing for him in the past – let it be Radha Ravi, Anirudh Ravichandran, Santhosh Narayan and Sean Roldan among others. Is there a surprise in Kee as well? “This is a singers’ album. We have Premji singing a song with a new find Krishna Prasad, who won the Radio City singing contest in Coimbatore. I have Ajeesh and Sathyaprakash singing a song. Vijay Prakash has also sung for the album,” he said.
    For a film career spanning just a few years, Vishal’s filmography has immense diversity. His film career started with Apuchi Gramam, a science fiction set in a village and Inam, a war film helmed by Santosh Sivan. Then came Jil Jung Juk, a dark comedy, which catapulted him into the limelight. After that he worked on a thriller, a horror comedy and a drama as well. Point this out to him, and he said “Diversifying will help me in the long run is what I feel. Frankly I don’t want to sound the same in every movie. Freedom has been the most important thing for me.”
    Vishal likes to diversify with his music as well, “For Kee, I have fused rap with trap and Indian music. While there is a lot of violin, it is a pub song. I have also tried fast rap; it has been done by Sri Rascol who sang Showkali from Acham Enbathu Madamaiyada. Cristopher Stanley has sung that song.”
    The composer has also done a music video recently titled ‘Rhythm of life’ along with composing for films. “Independent music is the space where the actual soul of the musician gets expressed. When we compose for movies, we have constraints and restraints to work with. In a rush to give a lot of variety, we end up doing the same thing over and over again. Independent music is something that has no strings attached in my opinion,” he reasoned.
    Apart from Kee, Vishal has some other interesting projects lined up. He has Kathalo Rajakumari releasing in Telugu on August 25. While he has done four songs, Maestro Ilayaraja has composed two songs for the movie. “I have stuck to how he would work – well treated classic sounds, good harmonies,” he said. He also has a stoner comedy Simba, which stars Bharath in it and Iravuku Kann Ayiram in the pipeline.

7. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:

8. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:

9. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    good teaser !:bdance:

10. Anand Jay Kay