1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Official Thread Natural Star – NANI- Official Thread

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by Anand Jay Kay, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Anand Jay Kay

Anand Jay Kay Més que un club

Liked:
    Success has become Nani's middle name. Ignore Majnu; all of his films have become hits and some of them blockbusters. Four in a row is not a small feat. His latest release Ninnu Kori has already made a place for itself in the million dollar club. Nani has now announced his next two projects. MCA (Middle Class Abbayi) and Krishnarjuna Yudham are his next films. MCA is being directed by Sriram Venu. Nani will be romancing Sai Pallavi this film. Devi Sri Prasad will be giving the music.In Krishnarjuna Yudham, Nani will be seen in a dual role. Director Merlapaka Gandhi is directing Krishnarjuna Yudham which will have music by Hip Hop Tamizha. Saahu Garapati and Harish Peddi are producing the film under Shine Screens banner. Venkat Boyanapalli will be presenting this film.

Read more at: http://www.sify.com/movies/nani-announces-his-next-news-telugu-rhrnkyebfdced.html

Read more at: http://www.sify.com/movies/nani-announces-his-next-news-telugu-rhrnkyebfdced.html

2. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
  3. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    Tollywood's most prolific actor at the moment, Nani is no mood to slow down. After scoring seven consecutive hits with the latest Ninnu Kori, Nani has raised the curtains on his upcoming movies. It is already known that Nani is currently busy shooting his ongoing project titled MCA - Middle Class Abbayi, which is being directed by Venu Sriram.

The second announcement is what has created a buzz. Titled Krishnarjuna Yudham, Merlapaka Gandhi will be helming megaphone for this project in which Nani will be seen portraying dual roles. Merlapaka Gandhi earlier directed Venkatadri Express and Express Raja, which turned to be blockbuster hits at the box office. Young Tamil music sensation Hip Hop Tamizha who shot to fame in Tollywood with Dhruva has been roped in to render tunes and background score for Krishnarjuna Yudham.

Young producers Sahu Garapati and Harish Peddi are jointly bankrolling Krishnarjuna Yudham under their newly floated Shine Screens banner. Reports suggest that the regular shooting of this film will kick start from the end of this month. Further details regarding the film's final cast and crew are expected soon from the makers of the film.

4. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
  5. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    2017 has been an amazing year so far, in Telugu actor Nani’s life. Starting from Nenu Local, which turned out to be a huge hit earlier this year, to winning a Nandi award, it couldn’t have been a better beginning for him.

Amidst all this, he spent almost a month in the US to shoot his forthcoming film Ninnu Kori, and then, he went on to host IIFA awards ceremony, a first in his career, before winning another award at SIIMA. However, none of these have come close to the high he experienced when he was blessed with a baby boy on March 29.

[​IMG]
    Nani and Nivetha Thomas in Ninnu Kori.

His son, who has been named Arjun, is now the centre of Nani’s world. Ask him if the last few months have been like a blur, he says, “It’s been an amazing year so far and sometimes, when things get really crazy, I wonder if I have enough time to really enjoy the moment. Right now, I’ve been dividing my time between my work and watching my son grow. Earlier, whenever I used to get time, I ensured that I listened to scripts because I get really bored if I don’t have to shoot for my films. But now, I simply head back home to be with my son.”

Right now, all his focus is on his forthcoming film Ninnu Kori in which he has played the role of Uma Maheshwara Rao.

Directed by Shiva Nirvana, the film also stars Nivetha Thomas and Aadhi Pinisetty in lead roles; however, Nani confirms that it’s not a triangular love story.

“The film is about the drama which happens between three characters. It’s emotional, but at the same time, it’s neither melodramatic nor sad. I’m sure that everyone will be able to relate at least some aspect of their life to what happens in the story. It’s not everyday that we get to see a film like this in Telugu and that’s one of the reasons why I believe that it’s going to be a memorable film. It’ll make you both smile and cry.”

The actor is all praise for his co-stars Nivetha Thomas and Aadhi Pinisetty, and he confesses that both of them will stand out in the film.

“If I’ve to rank the performances, I have to say that Nivetha Thomas is ahead of both Aadhi and me. She’s one of the finest performers in the industry today and Ninnu Kori will prove it once again. And I was pleasantly surprised by what Aadhi had done in the film. He’s amazing and I can’t imagine anyone else playing these two characters. When Shiva narrated me the story, I liked my character and then, when he began narrating me the characters of Pallavi (played by Nivetha) and Arun (played by Aadhi Pinisetty), I knew I had to do this film,” Nani says.

Over the past few years, the actor has developed the knack for finding good content-driven stories. Whether it’s Yevade Subramanayam or Mohan Krishna Indraganti’s Gentleman, Nani has slipped into the shoes of various characters effortlessly.

And this, he says, is the most challenging part of his job.

“When it comes to a commercial film, you have to deliver when the director asks you to do. Be it walking in slow motion or delivering lengthy dialogues, you can pull it off. But every time someone comes and tell you that they don’t want to see you as the hero in the film, it’s a challenge to be that character. If you ask me, I was a hero in Nenu Local, and in Ninnu Kori, I’m just one of three characters. Each type of film has its own advantages. With Nenu Local, I was able to reach out to a wider audience, and now, with Ninnu Kori, I’m back to a familiar turf,” Nani avers.

Ever since the film’s promos were aired, several people pointed out that the film reminds them of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, and few others went a step further and said that it reminds them of Mani Ratnam’s Mouna Ragam.

But to begin with - Is Ninnu Kori in the similar space of Mouna Ragam?

“In a way, yes. But I must say that Ninnu Kori begins where Mouna Ragam ends and it takes a look at these characters from a new perspective. You’ll have to watch the film to understand what I mean. However, just because there are three characters in Ninnu Kori and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam doesn’t make it the same film. The only thing I’m glad about is that our film is being compared to some really good films in the past, otherwise I would have been very worried,” he laughs.

The tagline of the film ‘Let’s Welcome Life’ is, in Nani’s own words, the very essence of Ninnu Kori and that’s what makes it such a positive film.

For someone who’s eager to surprise the audience with each film, Nani has made peace with his work a long time ago. And that made a whole lot of difference. “I don’t work in films just for the sake of it. I’m completely immersed into my profession and I really enjoy the time I spend on the sets. You can’t take a vacation when working on a film itself feels like a holiday. Isn’t it?” Nani signs off.

6. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
  7. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    Nani's Ninnu Kori is a smash hit overseas as the film collected over $1 Million in US alone. It is fourth film for Nani in the Million Dollar club and second in a row after Nenu Local this year.

The film is currently the sixth highest grosser in US in 2017 so far.

It is behind Katamarayudu and Duvvada Jagannadham that are currently at fourth and fifth places respectively.

Ninnu Kori should collect another $60K to $70K by the end of its theatrical run which should help the film to beat DJ and Katamarayudu collections.

However, another mega hero’s film is releasing on this Thursday, which may put an end to Ninnu Kori’s run in US.

Fidaa starring Varun Tej is directed by Sekhar Kammula, who is one of the biggest brands in the market.

It is likely to take thunderous opening in US which may restrict Ninnu Kori’s collections to bare minimum after Wednesday.

Can Nani survive Fidaa storm to end up at fourth place?

Baahubali 2 – The Conclusion - $1,99,17,274 (128.57 crores)
    Khaidi No. 150 - $24,46,098 (16.33 crores)
    Gautamiputra Satakarni - $16,63,041 (Rs 11.1 crores)
    Katamarayudu - $11,45,481 (Rs 7.39 crores)
    Duvvada Jagganatham - $11,43,773 (7.37 Cr)
    Ninnu Kori - $11,20,933 (7.22 Cr)
    Nenu Local - $10,74,000 (Rs 6.87 Cr)
    Duvvada Jagannatham - $966,418 (Rs 6.1 Cr)
    Shatamanam Bhavati - $7,96,483 (rs 5.32 crores)
    The Ghazi Attack- $7,66,469 (Rs 4.99 crores)

8. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
  9. Anand Jay Kay

Liked:
    The actor gets talking about ‘Ninnu Kori’ and why he wants to break the notion that he can do only niche films
    Shiva Nirvana is a debut director. How did you meet him and what made you take up Ninnu Kori?

At a function, Kona Venkat sir mentioned to me that he was impressed by Shiva’s brief narration and asked me to listen to it. Shiva gave me a two-minute outline of the story. I took an immediate liking to it and asked for a complete narration.

From the promos, it seems like a triangular love story involving the characters played by you, Nivetha Thomas and Aadi Pinisetty.

No, it isn’t a triangular love story. There’s a point of conflict that involves the three of us. The story begins in Vizag, moves to Delhi and then to San Francisco. We have a huge presence of Telugu-speaking NRIs in the US and this film will find a resonance with them, hopefully.

What were your first impressions of the three characters?

I really liked Aadi’s character. It has a lot of depth and I feel we haven’t seen such a character in Telugu cinema for a while. Then I liked the part of Pallavi (Nivetha Thomas) and thirdly, my part called Uma Maheshwar Rao. The film will put a smile on people’s faces. The tagline ‘let’s welcome life’ is relevant in today’s times when we hear of suicidal tendencies for reasons varying from failure in exams to love. Ninnu Kori urges us to take a broader view of life, look past stumbling blocks and rise above self sympathy.

If you liked Aadi’s part the best, didn’t you want to do it yourself?

Not at all. I knew which role would suit me best.

[​IMG]
    During the pre-release function, director Rajamouli mentioned that your body language reflects confidence. Does that confidence stem from delivering six consecutive hits?

I have become confident not because of box office success but because of the films I’ve done. When I truly like a film or my part, it shows on screen. I’ve never believed in making a film just for box office. And I’m not arrogant when I say this. I am my audience too. I put myself in the shoes of a viewer and think if I would watch such a film. If I have fun doing a role, then viewers will also like it.

How would you look at a film like Nenu Local? It was a huge success but also drew flak for romance that bordered on stalking.

Nenu Local helped me reach out to a larger audience, some of whom otherwise don’t watch my movies regularly. There was a notion that I could do only niche films like Yevade Subramanyam or Krishna Gaadi… I wanted to break that and draw in a larger audience so that next time I do a so-called niche film, more people might come out to watch it. I thought I could handle Nenu Local well and make the romance seem cute than annoying, and going by some of the feedback, I think I managed it. But yes, some of my regular viewers didn’t like me in that role.

With six hits behind you, how do you choose your projects now?

I have more options now; this is the best time for me to strike a balance between films I really like doing and films that have a larger commercial appeal. But just because Nenu Local became a huge hit, I won’t follow it up with, say, a ‘Pucca Local’.

Would you call Gentleman a film that you truly liked doing?

Yes; Ninnu Kori also falls into that category.

Your personal life has been through a change since your son Arjun was born. Do you feel more responsible?

I feel responsible enough to decline college student roles. Arjun is three months old and has begun responding to us, smiling and this is when it gets tough to leave him and go to work.

In the making: Nani has MCA (Middle Class Abbayi) directed by Venu Sriram, a film with Hanu Raghavapudi and another with Merlapaka Gandhi. A few more are on cards.

10. Anand Jay Kay

Liked: