1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Review Reviews of foreign movies!

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by eazy04, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    The Terminal

Tom Hanks - Spielberg combo is always a joy to watch.May it be the Classic "Saving Private Ryan" or the latest "Bridge of Spies",they always come up with something befitting.The Terminal is yet another fantastic movie from them - honest and absorbing to the core,this one offers a great watch.Tom Hanks like always delivers a stunning performance,he was indeed the heart and soul of this cinema.Catherine Zeta Jones,Stanley Tucci,Kumar Pallana,Diego Luna and Chi Mcbride were superb in their respective roles.

There is no need to describe Spielberg's competence as a phenomenal filmmaker.The remarkable way of storytelling backed by one astonishing technical team is always the key for a Spielberg flick,but here,Spielberg's magnificent making was supported by Hank's astounding performance which made it even more pleasing.The alluring soundtracks are worth mentioning since it created a joyous atmosphere,while the rest of the aspects were equally good.On the whole,The Terminal is a Wonderful Cinema.

Overall,The Terminal is Beautiful !

9/10

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    Stay

Stay is an ambitious attempt,still there is something missing which prevents it from being a top-class stuff.The visual style depicted in this has large similarities with Mulholland Drive,however it was not able to meet the opulent standards set by David Lynch.The performances were fine from the lead cast,both Ryan Gosling and Ewan McGregor were good.Naomi Watts in a brief role delivers a neat performance.

The narrative pattern of Stay proves that Marc Foster is director with great potential,the zeal and commitment of a filmmaker is evident in his craft.Stay could have been much better if the culmination was a bit more potent.The ending will definitely take the viewers by surprise,still the lack of proper reasoning makes it indigestible.On the whole,Stay is cinema of great complexity.

Overall,Stay is Above Average !

6/10

3. Malar

Malar Debutant

Liked:
    Doonie darko is a good movie.

4. Malar

Malar Debutant

Liked:
    I watched this immediately after finishing HIMYM. Loved it!

5. Malar

Malar Debutant

Liked:
    Nicely written. Before Sunrise is still my favourite among the three.
    It was one of the first movies I watched from IMDB list!!

Aanakattil Chackochi likes this.
  6. Aanakattil Chackochi

Aanakattil Chackochi FR ഇരട്ടചങ്കൻ

Liked:
    Kollallo. Ivide onnu randu review idu ennal.
    Btw my favourite is Before Sunset among the three.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Malar likes this.
  7. Malar

Malar Debutant

Liked:
    Review ezutham.
    In Before Sunset, there was so much sadness. Same in Before Midnight. Before Sunrise was all about happiness, until the last scene. Njan valya intellectual onnum allathond aayirikkam!!

8. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    Scream

"Who is behind the mask" - Built on this anticipating factor,Scream is a quite good slasher flick.The theme of a serial killer on the loose always provides an edge of the seat entertainment,though this is not a nail biting experience,it has its moments for sure.Neve Campbell did a fine job playing the protagonist.Courteney Cox,David Arquette,Skeet Ulrich and Matthew Lillard were good in prominent roles.

Scream is structured like a typical cinema under the slasher genre - scare jumps at regular intervals,intriguing sequences,dark atmosphere and a final plot twist.Wes Craven delivered exactly the same one would expect from a slasher film,and he did a decent job being the director.The technical aspects were just perfect,the gloomy frames along with the stimulating soundtracks created the much needed eerie environment.On the whole,Scream is an engaging cinema.

Overall,Scream is Watchable !

6/10

9. Aanakattil Chackochi

Aanakattil Chackochi FR ഇരട്ടചങ്കൻ

Liked:
    For me, 'Let me sing you a waltz' by Celine in Before Sunset was among the best moments on screen. How Jesse was looking at Celine!! Entha acting!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Malar likes this.
  10. Malar

Malar Debutant

Liked:
    "Baby, you are gona miss that plane!":Punchiri:
    This also!!