1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Review Reviews of foreign movies!

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by eazy04, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Aanakattil Chackochi

Aanakattil Chackochi FR ഇരട്ടചങ്കൻ

Liked:
    Yes...so intense!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Malar likes this.
  2. Malar

Malar Debutant

Liked:
    I wish I could travel around Europe like that. Chit chat corner'l ithaayirunnu discussion!!

Aanakattil Chackochi likes this.
  3. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    Reservoir Dogs

Suave,Classy and Outlandishly Entertaining,Reservoir Dogs is an exceptional crime thriller.Tarantino's very first feature film is a sublime mix of multiple genres,and with first rate performances backing such a solid portrayal,this one is a tremendous piece of work.The lead cast were top notch,each and every actor were at their best.Harvey Keitel,Tim Roth,Micahel Madsen,Steve Buscmei and Chris Penn were really impressive.

There is no point in describing Tarantino's filmmaking skills,still this being his debut feature film,he showcased such immense craftsmanship which in turn made this a cult classic.The film as a whole is marvellous,still it has got some splendid sequences,best being that final mexican standoff scene.The technical department was nurtured with Tarantino's hallmarks : composed frames,peppy soundtracks and unhurried cuts.On the whole,Reservoir Dogs is one of Tarantino's finest work.

Overall,Reservoir Dogs is Outstanding !

9/10

Aanakattil Chackochi likes this.
  4. Aanakattil Chackochi

Aanakattil Chackochi FR ഇരട്ടചങ്കൻ

Liked:
    Ippozhano kaanunne

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

5. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead is a rollicking horror comedy.The central premise of the movie is indeed zombie uprising,however the frisky portrayal filled with some really great humor makes this even better.Simon Pegg and Nick Frost makes up an amusingly entertaining combo,they together hogged the entire cinema through their superb performances.The rest of the cast were fine.

Edgar Wright's slick and stylish presentation absolutely made this one helluva zombie comedy.The film does sparkle on both style and substance,with a fantastic technical team backed by an engaging premise,Edgar Wright was able to craft a highly impressive cinema.On the whole,Shaun of the Dead will definitely find its place among the most entertaining horror comedies.

Overall,Shaun of the Dead is Impressive !

7.5/10

6. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    Hot Fuzz

Hot Fuzz is yet another Edgar Wright cinema which has entertainment written all over it.When one of the most outlandish plot meets Wright's queer and fabulous making,the output is nothing short of a rollicking entertainer.Simon Pegg - Nick Frost combo is just superb,they clearly nailed the entire film.The supporting cast were good with their performances.

Like every other Edgar Wright cinema,this one has both the rousing suaveness and an arresting premise,which in turn makes this an exciting watch.The refined visuals and the invigorating tunes played another pivotal roles in making this a completely engaging flick.On the whole,Hot Fuzz is one of those cinemas which provides you wholesome entertainment.

Overall,Hot Fuzz is Entertaining !

7.5/10

7. 10th Doctor

10th Doctor Fresh Face

Liked:
    Get Out(2017)
    Get Out is a surprise box office success from earlier this year.The movie marks the directorial debut of Jordan Peele(from the comic duo Key and Peele.Some of their sketches are available in Youtube.check those out)

Chris is going to meet his girlfriend Rose's parents.He is a little uncomfortable because he is black and his girlfriend is white.The parents are friendly enough.But soon Chris senses something is 'off' around him.Are they just being casually racist without being aware of it?Is Chris a little paranoid?Or is something else going on here?Watch the film to find out more..

The movie is crafted brilliantly.
    Tension is built very well.Fans of horror or thrillers in general will like this one for sure.

I have basically one small issue with the film.The answer to the questions I posed earlier offered by the movie seemed a little 'silly' to me.I generally have no trouble accepting outlandish plot elements but somehow certain elements did not make much sense to me.That is probably my own problem.

Get Out is a smart and tense thriller irrespective of this.Though I did not find it as great as many reviews suggested it remains a solid well crafted thriller.

My rating:7/10

8. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    Timecrimes (Spanish)

Since i watched movies like Predestination and Triangle,the wow factor was missing which in turn made this an ordinary watch. Timecrimes is doubtlessly a quality cinema,the uncanny atmosphere along with an intriguing premise will keep you at the edge of your seats,however most of the happenings were quite predicable for me due to the aforementioned reason.On the whole,Timecrimes will be a remarkable and bewildering experience for the ones who haven't watched the above mentioned movies.

5/10

9. KHILADI

KHILADI Super Star

Liked:
    Tom crusinte The Mummy kandu...

Annan kolamass aanu. Mummyne umma vechu kollum..ultra kola tera mass:kabali2:

Rating: 2/ 5.

Ini ithu ingeru series aaki oke edukumayirikum..oru like avengers and justice league, evideyo kandu ingane.

10. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    There Will Be Blood

Daniel Day-Lewis's spellbinding act and Paul Thomas Anderson's nuanced making,There Will Be Blood is a compelling classic.Without any second thoughts,this can be touted as a true masterpiece for the fascinating cinematic experience it offers.The film is enriched with top notch technical aspects,namely the vivid frames and riveting background scores,and all these together makes it a remarkable piece of cinema.As Daniel Plainview,Daniel Day-Lewis puts up a poignant and mesmerising performance which is beyond words to describe,and was indeed a class apart.Paul Anderson's polished narrative structure is a treat to watch,consisting of some scintillating sequences and absorbing emotions,this can be rated as his finest work.To sum it up,There Will Be Blood is the kind of film that is effortlessly called exceptional.

9/10