1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Review Reviews of foreign movies!

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by eazy04, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Aanakattil Chackochi

Aanakattil Chackochi FR ഇരട്ടചങ്കൻ

Liked:
    Call me by your name
    [​IMG]
    This movie is an aesthetic masterpiece and one of the best portrayal of firsts (sex, love, heartbreak) in recent cinema. Everything in the movie felt so real.

Timothee Chalamet gives an absolutely mesmerizing performance in this movie. I can't begin to express how talented he is. He completely encompasses Elio. Honestly the first time around I barely even took note of the other amazing performances here because my eyes were glued to Timothee the whole time. Armie Hammer is fantastic as well. He is very conflicted, sometimes warm, sometimes cold. And Michael Stuhlbarg is great as well, he has such a presence on screen.

The music in this movie is what I can only describe as beautiful, Sufjans songs in particular stand out as incredibly moving. Visions of Gideon is an absolute soul crusher. The music added to the atmosphere of the movie, which was so warm and peaceful. It was so refreshing to see a movie about two men in a relationship that didnt end with one of them dying or angry parents, nothing of the sort. Time is the villain here, and I think that makes it all the more tragic.

I will say while I love the movie, it didn't have the profound effect it did on me until the scene with Mr. Perlman near the end.
    Overall, Call Me By Your Name is a deeply moving film about love with a fantastic performances, amazing atmosphere, and a few scenes that will stick with you (the monologue, Elio by the fire).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Aattiprackel Jimmy Aluva Bad Ass

Liked:
    Jungle [ 2017 ]

Jungle is an interesting adventure / survival movie . It's based on a true event too..
    The movie directed by Greg McLean starring
    Daniel Radcliffe . Redcliffe delivers one of his finest Perfo :clap: & Cinematography was top notch with entire movie being a visual treat .
    If you like survival movies , then go and watch ..this won't disappoint you ..

8/10

Mark Twain likes this.
  3. 10th Doctor

10th Doctor Fresh Face

Liked:
    Asura:The City of Madness(2016)
    [​IMG]
    Han is a corrupt cop who is an enforcer on the side for Park the evil and power hungry Mayor of Annam city,Korea.
    During a mission for the Mayor things go bad for Han and now he has to provide evidence against the Mayor to save his own skin.

Asura is a dark moody crime thriller about some bad bad people. Performances are great all around and the movie does not lag at all.The bloody bonkers climax was awesome.If you are craving for some Korean crime drama this will probably appeal to you.If you are not much into crime thrillers this may not be your poison.

My Rating:8/10

Mark Twain likes this.
  4. 10th Doctor

10th Doctor Fresh Face

Liked:
    Only The Brave(2017)
    A disaster movie which is based on a true story of a group of firefighters called Granite Mountain Hotshots. Well acted ,competently written and surprisingly moving.
    My Rating:7/10

5. KHILADI

KHILADI Super Star

Liked:
    kola thall aanu. dora polum kanan pedi aan.

6. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    The Gift

Right from the very beginning,The Gift keeps you immensely intrigued.A rather ordinary plot has been narrated well enough by Joel Edgerton,and a reasonably surprising finale makes it an interesting watch.Both Jason Bateman and Rebecca Hall were impressive,while Joel Edgerton with a limited screen time makes his presence felt through a solid performance.In short,The Gift is an engaging flick.

Chilanka likes this.
  7. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    High Tension (French)

A brilliant plot twist can often take one film a notch up,whereas High Tension's outrageous culmination kind of ruins the entire cinema.High Tension has every requisite feature needed for a slasher film,however a highly flawed theme spoils the fun.To sum it up,High Tension is an epic disappointment.

8. 10th Doctor

10th Doctor Fresh Face

Liked:
    A Quiet Place(2018)

A character driven monster movie which focuses on a family after Earth is overrun by deadly creatures who hunt using their sharp hearing. We don't see the big picture. The family in question has managed to survive so far but not without pain. They use sign language to communicate,they are going barefoot,they have lined paths with sand to muffle the voice of their tread. But we can sense something will go wrong....

This is a very tense little movie. There are only a few characters. They are not bodies to be disposed off like in many horror movies. One will care what happens to these people. The creature design is cool.

There is nice chemistry between John Krasinski(He directs the movie) and Emily Blunt(His real life wife) who plays the parents in the movie.The child actors are very good especially the daughter.

Overall this is a clever and tense genre movie which will definitely please genre fans.Enjoy from a big screen if possible.

My Racing:7.5/10

Aattiprackel Jimmy likes this.
  9. Cinemalover

Cinemalover Star

Liked:
    Lost in Translation

Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson in a romantic drama helmed by Sofia Coppola,this truly is one gem of a cinema.A refined and melancholic portrayal of quite an intense theme,engrossing performances,and subtle humor - Lost in Translation basically has everything to make you fall in love with this film.

There are good romantic dramas,there are great romantic dramas,and then there Lost in Translation :wub:

PicsArt_04-08-10.33.15.png

10. Aattiprackel Jimmy

Aattiprackel Jimmy Aluva Bad Ass

Liked:
    Do Erangi Podo