1. Currently, we are accepting registrations.
    You are welcome to partake in the discussions provided you follow the community rules and guidelines.
    Click on the yellow "Review" tag to filter out only the reviews.

Salman Khan the blockbuster king, Official Thread

Discussion in 'OtherWoods' started by KHILADI, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    The entire film industry, the media, and movie-buffs all over were gearing up for the mother of all cinematic clashes this Eid – Salman Khan’s Sultan vs. Shah Rukh Khan’sRaees. Then, suddenly, SRK and the co-producers of Raees announced that they’re postponing their film to January next year. While speculations were rife about the reason for their announcement, Shah Rukh’s good friend, Salman himself, decided to clear the air about Raees’ postponement at a recent interview.

Attributing the aversion of the clash to a lack of theaters, Salman said, “There are about 25,000-30,000 theaters too less for such a big release. We only have about 5000 screens, out of which regional-language films also have to be accommodated. So, we don’t have bandwidth to release two huge films together. If you go toward Panvel (a town on the outskirts of Mumbai) and beyond, you’ll hardly find theaters there, just a few small screens.”

Elaborating further, the actor added, “Such big films will never be able to come together because both Shah Rukh and I would want as many prints and screens as possible. Forget about us, there’s nothing in our hands. The distributors and exhibitors would want to allot maximum screens and prints to both our films, knowing that he could draw so many people and so could I. So the business just gets divided. Till the time we don’t have those 20,000+ theaters and those many more screens in the country, such clashes cannot happen. The industry is not growing at all.”

So, there you heard it from the horse’s mouth – the real reason why the Sultan vs.Raees clash was avoided.

2. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    At a recent press interaction to promote Sultan, Salman Khan was found quite open to discuss debateable topics. On being told about Aamir Khan’s reaction after watching Sultaan’s trailer, that Aamir had said he was scared because Salman could have an upper hand, Salman was found to be very amused.

He said, “Aamir is sacred? We both knew that our films would be about wrestling.”

Adding further Salman said, “Amir’s script is outstanding. Given a choice, I would have done both. The first would have been Sultan 1 and the second one, Sultan’s Dangal.”

Now that’s talking like a Sultan!

3. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    In a bid to promote his upcoming film Sultan, Salman Khan was recently in an interaction with the press, where he said that training for Sultaan was a very tough job, since it was a quite different form of training. "It was a different spot altogether," he said.

On being asked if Sultaan was the most different film of his career, Salman said “The most different film of my career was Maine Pyaar Kiya…because when I had to say' Kyun' to Alokenath, I couldn’t even say Kyun Babuji, and in the mandir scene, Sooraj had to say for me Kyun Babuji”.

Maine Pyaar Kiya released in the year 1989, was Salman Khan’s second movie, and proved to be a major landmark for his career.

The effortless he looked in the film, who knew it was the toughest for him!

4. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Rumours were doing the rounds that Salman Khan had gifted Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover an apartment worth a staggering amount of 10 Crores as a wedding gift, but there was no confirmation regarding the same.

However, Bipasha Basu took to Twitter and has slammed the unwanted rumours by saying, "This is the biggest hogwash that I have ever read. Why would I take a gift like this ever from anyone?."

[​IMG]

5. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Top 10 Salman Grossers
    #BB - 315 Cr
    #KICK - 212 Cr
    #PRDP - 194 Cr
    #ETT - 186 Cr
    #Dabangg2 - 150 Cr
    #Bodyguard - 145 Cr
    #Dabangg - 141 Cr
    #Ready - 121 Cr
    #JaiHo - 109 Cr
    #Sultan - 73.59 Cr

Johnson Master likes this.
  6. Johnson Master

Johnson Master Neutron Star

Liked:
    #BB - 315 Cr - ATBB
    #KICK - 212 Cr - BB
    #PRDP - 194 Cr - BB
    #ETT - 186 Cr - ATBB
    #Dabangg2 - 150 Cr - BB
    #Bodyguard - 145 Cr - BB
    #Dabangg - 141 Cr - ATBB
    #Ready - 121 Cr - BB
    #JaiHo - 109 Cr - Semi Hit
    #Sultan - 73.59 Cr - ATBB

:Band::Band:

7. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Highest day 1-PRDP
    Highest day 2-Sultan
    Highest day 3-BB
    day 4-Sultan

Only Megastar @BeingSalmanKhan Rules !

#SULTANShatteringAllRecords

8. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
  9. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Salman Khan's Being Human to Venture into Jewellery Business

Superstar Salman Khan’s brand Being Human will enter the jewellery industry from next month, said his sister Arpita Khan.

Present at an event for the Retail Jeweller India Awards 2016, Arpita said: “I’m here because we are launching Being Human jewellery next month and that’s really close to our hearts. So I decided to come out and support this as well.”

Actor Esha Deol and director Divya Khosla Kumar were also part of the event as jury members on the awards panel.

Arpita added: “The Being Human jewellery basically is affordable to all the consumers. It’s 70 per cent ladies’ collection and 30 per cent the men’s. It basically is based around the values of the brand, which is share, care, love and joy.”

Being Human brand consists of its clothing line, as seen with Salman wearing T-Shirts from the brand. The brand also has a charitable foundation and a percentage of the profits from the clothing line goes into the charitable causes of the foundation such as education and healthcare of the underprivileged.

About Salman recently getting acquitted in the case against him for the 1998 killing of protected antelopes or chinkara, Arpita said: “I would just like to thank his fans and his well-wishers and that’s about it.”

10. Joker

Joker FR Monster

Liked:
    Salman Khan to sing in Sohail Khan's next?

With Salman Khan becoming a regular behind the microphone for his film projects, he is rumoured to croon a track for his brother Sohail Khan’s next.

According to Deccan Chronicle, Salman will playback one song for Sohail’s next film titled ‘Ali’, which stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Amy Jackson and Arbaaz Khan.

A source told the publication, “The song will feature Nawaz’s character in the film. And considering his rapport with Nawazuddin, Bhai will not just sing one song in the film but also promote the film as much as he can.”

Salman recently sang two songs in his last outing in ‘Sultan’.